Tuesday 4 September 2012

The Color Room # 126 Teen Room - Bold and Bright

Am having a late start to my Tuesday, am so loving the lingering memories of morning coffee out on our balcony this passed summer. Today I had to wear slippers and my bathrobe but the feeling is equally wonderful. The cats always gather around me as soon as I go out there, we all enjoy the bird song and bumble bees that come for a sweeping visit to our flower pots.

The Color Room palette # 126 was released last Friday, zizzling and popping vibrant colours. At first I had a serious moment seeing the colours and wondering what on earth could I come up with, DO I even own anything in those colours?! Digging through my stash and coming up with one item after the other restored my creative juices and I ended up loving the colours!

First the palette itself:


And here's my take on it - "Teen Room":

 #126_Teen Room 2500px main
Quite me but still not me.

 #126_Teen Room - 2
The blue flowers are from a K & Co paper.

 #126_Teen Room - 3
I bought the gorgeous fabric tapes from a Korean store on Etsy and when the parcel finally arrived, I got a shock seeing the import tax for it. MAJOR WARNING!! make sure to check the fees before ordering. I ended up paying MORE for the fees than the actual cost of the tapes! Another parcel from Japan was delivered straight into our mailbox without any hassle at all.

 #126_Teen Room - 4
I want to point out that these are not my own photos. Still think they are so cool, especially the sneaker with the open zipper that I have mimicked with the Prima trinket in the bottom right cluster.

 #126_Teen Room - 5
The papers are a mix of Prima, new Tilda collection and some that I cannot remember what they are.

#126_Teen Room - 6
The stars are fussy-cut from one of the Tilda papers and then I coloured them with glimmer mist to get a stronger berry hue.

 #126_Teen Room - 7

There we are! Have to get going to work now. Waving bye with a sneak of the next CSI case file which will be something VERY special!

CSI is teaming up with another famous challenge site during the month of September. The other challenge site normally has monthly challenges, but this month it's going to feature the work of both its own team as well as those from CSI on a weekly basis! Stay tuned for Friday AUSTRALIAN time when everything goes live!!!

Till then have a fabbo rest of the week my friends! See you later!

Toodeloo! xoxox Eila

16 comments:

  1. totally amazing Eila .... you seem to create such beautiful meaningful pages ... I bet they are a dream to browse through .... sensational my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore every inch of this, amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is sooooo interesting! so many things to notice and look at! and I totally adore the way you put together this color combo - it came so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work!! I love your incredible layers- gorgeous, gorgeous layout Eila...

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are tricky, aren't they! But you rocked the palette, Eila. Love the pics and the little details :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous multi photo lay-out! Fab layering and I love those cute stars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Eila.. adore all your layers and pretty details and your stamped background looks fabulous!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow wow wow .... So Gorgeous.... Im gobsmacked!! in awe... loving everything on this LO....especially the colors....You are amazing Eila... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I've said this over and over again but not only your layouts are amazing! you also rock those palettes!! I suck at them! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the colours Eila - I have to say I do miss creating this way! I see that CCG seems to be dormant again & I never have time for the tight deadline at TCR. I love the photos you found & your gorgeous new Prima touches! I have some great Etsy links for washi if you need but I suggest first you look at Purple Pumpkin where it is only $2 per roll, they have a massive selection & the postage is a flat rate of $4.50. They sold out instantly and are busy restocking right now. I don't pay a cent of duty here from any country although I haven't been as adventurous as to have purchased from Korea!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a rockin' layout! I love it! Cool title treatment and love the multi-photos! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this one Eila. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic LO! I was feeling like a kid in a treasure hunt looking at it - so many great little details. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eila, you have done it again, so much to 'see', and oogle over... another amazing creation, with so many beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hej Eila, tak for din venlige kommentar på min blog, det er rigtig jeg skriver kun på dansk, for jeg er en ældre dame der aldrig har lært engelsk, men det har ikke, ind til nu været noget problem, google har jo den fineste oversættelse, og jeg forstår godt de svar jeg får, det er jo netop det der er så dejligt her i blog verden: den river sprog grænser ned og samler alle os kreative sjæle. knus morkaren.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my.... love all those beautiful little details...another gorgeous layout xx

    ReplyDelete