Saturday 22 September 2012

OUAS + CSI = 3 weeks of love and Prima August BAP

It's Saturday morning European time and the third joint OUAS and CSI September casefile # 38 has gone live.

Both CSI and OUAS have been bursting at their seams with a record number of amazing projects submitted for the two first case files. At CSI Debbi had to open up a second case file album in the member gallery as the first one quickly got full!

I am convinced we are looking at a third record week with gorgeous entries! just check out the amazing inspiration from both DTs, Special Investigators and Guest Designers.

This is my assigned week at OUAS why my layout is up on the OUAS blog as well.

As mentioned before, everything will go back to normal at OUAS in
October and we will have a reveal on 1 October as usual. So I hope
you guys have fun and enjoy what we have planned for you.

Please remember that the entries for this challenge are du by
2:00 p.m. Monday, 1 October Australian Eastern Standard Time.

For this challenge, you must use :

*the SKETCH provided 
* all the colours in the SCHEME
 * at least 2 elements from the EVIDENCE
 * at least 1 element from the TESTIMONY! 


* Evgenia Petzer at Etsy
* C'est Magnifique Kit Club
 * Scrapbook Fantasies online store
* Imaginarium Designs chip board
* Berry 71 Bleu bespoke tags
* Julia Cotrim designed papers and fabrics
*Scraplocker online store

And here it is, my take on the challenge that I have called "Mooore". The title will be pretty obvious when you read my journalling :))


#38_Mooore 2500px main
The evidence I have used are; trees (the background paper from Swedish Pion Design), birds (2 resin ones), newsprint pattern (in the matting), misting and of course, flowers.

#38_Moore - 2
My testimony is about this fur baby who is 2 years old now, our darling Alice. In this photo she was about 3 months old. 

A Prima resin heart embelli and the big oval frame is from Melissa Frances.

My journalling is below.

 #38_Mooore - JOURNALLING

#38_Moore - 3
A mix of Pion, Prima packaging, journalling cards and ledger paper, and Pink Paislee Indigo Bleu papers.

 #38_Mooore - 4
I cut up a chippie border from 2Crafty and used the sections tucked-in here and there on  my page. 


#38_Mooore- 5 


 #38_Mooore - 6

That's our Alice for you.

Now over to the page I made for the Prima August BAP. Took me quite a bit to figure this one out. I flipped the sketch entirely.

My page doesn't look quite as the sketch as the "rays" that are very predominant in the sketch, are quite subtle with the alphas and numbers coming out from the photo.

Here's my take that I've called "9 to 5". That's a reference to my day-time job, I'm a PA at a telecoms company. As this is already a long post, I will just share the photos with you.

Prima August BAP 9 to 5 2500px main

 Prima August BAP 9 to 5 - 2
This photo brings back a lot of nostalgic memories. I was only 20 when I started as a secretary and the IBM monster machine I got to work with, was a technical marvel. I have to say my typing was flawless at that time as correction tape or Tippex in a bottle were the only means of fixing typos, unless one re-typed the whole thing of course. We used 3 sheets of flimsy memo paper with 2 sheets of carbon paper in between. Who says everything was better in the old days! ;))

 Prima August BAP 9 to 5 - 3

 Prima August BAP 9 to 5 - 4

 Prima August BAP 9 to 5 - 5

 Prima August BAP 9 to 5 - 6

 Prima August BAP 9 to 5 - 7


 Prima August BAP 9 to 5 - 9
And with this, we've come to the end of my post. Just one more thing before I wish you a really really wonderful weekend; this week's palette for The Color Room # 129. 

We are looking at Lime Gree, Crisp White, Olive Green and Dark Olive. I spent quite a bit of time creating the background on my layout. I will be back on Tuesday to share my take on the TCR palette with you.

Till then, take care and have fun! 

Toodelipip! xoxox

21 comments:

  1. I wish I had an English book with synonyms, so I could say something else than 'gorgeous', 'fabulous' or 'amazing' when I comment on your blog:) Your lay-outs once again just blew me away! The first one has such wonderful colours and shows off that photo of your kitty so beautifully. I also like the resin birds and I'm sure your cat will do too;)
    Your second lay-out is so innovative and beautiful. Wonderful use of colours there and the numbers randomly positioned on your lay-out give it a wonderful playful touch.

    Happy weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The latest CSI colour palette was just made for you!! Your darling little Alice is framed to perfection with a cacophony of gorgeousness surrounding her! The second layout is divine and I am loving the photo of the young you :0) The rays are inspired .....think I am going to have to lift this idea ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped over from Ali's blog....yes, I must say, our soon-to-start hol is one that will be totally smashingly fabulous, OTT fantastic & gorgeous...bit like your LOs here [that was for Romy above!!!] & I am sooo looking forward to it. I wonder if you'd notice any difference in Lake Garda - somehow I doubt it....& it's funny how Aussie lingo has made it to the other side of the world with your 'kangaroo pouch' for carrying your baby kit-kat in...rambling, sorry - but I had to crow a bit more about the most amazing holiday....SOZZY:):):)
    And, one final thing, I think your work is definitely Ethereal....so whimsical:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what can i say... love both layouts... they are so beautiful... love the colors used too... is that you... i always love b&w photo... really lovely photo btw!!!!... both are such an inspiring!!! You are amazing Eila... hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Eila! I cannot stop looking at the page featuring Alice. Your journaling is heartwarming.
    Love your take on the 9to5 page with the numbers. The colors are so eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, WOW Eila!!! Both projects are amazing, but I was especially drawn to the second one! FAB photo and just an awesome, unique design- all of your designs are amazing though!! Thanks for the incredible inspiration :D~!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really SUBLIME pages Eila! So full of love & detail!! I love the story of Alice! We have a kitty - Daisy - who is just like her - an absolute gannet - and we also got her very small & she used to be under my t shirt a lot too!! The colours, resins & chippies are all really beautiful & your BAP is tremendous. I love your take on the sketch & the vibrant colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pages both but i am in love with your sweety Alice she looks like a angel and you made a perfect angelpage with her.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great works, once again! I just love that CSI layout. Awesome details and the color scheme is so cute and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. just amazing work Eila!! everything you touch turns into gold and these 2 are no exception!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eila, loving your projects, both are stunning as always :) have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love them both, especially the second one! You know how much I love those brights!!! Lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always love visiting you here Miss Eila, but I have been a bit time poor lately, so haven't been blogging as much as I would like too. Actually I haven't even done any challenges for close to two months!!! Anyway, I love both of these, all your yummy little details & being a huge animal lover myself, I have to say the first is my fave. Both are just beautiful Eila. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI.. These layouts are stunning.. I love all the details you put on them.. Love the story behind each one also.. and I used to type on a type writer like that too.... Was terrible to make a mistake.. and had to wait for the liquid paper to dry before you could get typing again!! Gorgeous creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful details on your layouts in your own special style! Love them both!!
    Loved reading the story of your sweet little Alice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful layout of your sweet cat Alice, love all those little details and the journaling is just perfect.
    The 9 to 5 layout is stunning, the bright colors and the different flowers, it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOw, Eila...I am always blown away by the amount of gorgeous detail on your layouts..they look like they must take hours and hours, lol!! SO beautiful, both of these..just amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  18. underbara underbara layouter båda två! som så mpnga andra redan skrivit, men dina detaljer är så läckra!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeus page of Alice!!! what a sweet and lovely journaling!!! how much we love them, right?..amazing details in this page that i loved it! Your second page is Beautiful, love how you worked the sketch. take care dear!!! Hugs!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Eila. I've always been such a fan of yours since discovering you and your talents at The Color Room challenge blog. Your gorgeous shabby style creations just keep getting better and better and I have always been blown away with each new layout.

    Thank you so much for all your love on my blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rålekkere begge to , katten er veldig lik den eg hadde førut , nydelige sider

    ReplyDelete