Sunday 2 September 2012

CSI # 34 Shell Seeker

So it's Sunday and almost time to start thinking of a new working week. Haven't done much this weekend except the normal stuff that has to be done. Feels really great to be pottering around in my baggy home wear (a fancy name for pyjamas).

Got a parcel from Talbots in the US yesterday, my new office skirt suit. Yup, buy all my suits over internet from the States and have done that for over 10 years. Have never had to return anything. They've got an amazing size range, as I'm short and apple-shaped, I don't fit into Swedish sizes. SO worth the shipping fee and import tax.

OK, enough of my wardrobe problems and back to scrappy stuff. Promised to share my page for CSI case file # 35 today. First the prompt.

And here is my page.

Sheeesh! just saw that the title is mis-spelled, well a photo speaks volumes anyway.

 35_Shell Seaker 3000px main
Yet another page with plenty of mixed media on it. All the papers are from Echo Park.

The evidence I have used are: tilted photo, flowers, paint, pearls.

 35_Shell Seaker - 2
Gesso, masking, misting, you name it and some rolled flowers.

 35_Shell Seaker - 3
I have used this photo of my DH's cousin's youngest daughter before. Might use it yet again :)

 35_Shell Seaker - 4
Melissa Frances resin embellie. The felt bloomer under the aqua Prima rose, is from Precociously Paper's Etsy shop.

35_Shell Seaker - 5
Yah, there it is my SeAker ;)

 35_Shell Seaker - 6
Made a little mini-mini-mini album cover and tucked in the journalling in there. Made that itty bitty rolled fabric bloom.

 35_Shell Seaker - 7
And my testimony has documented the essence of summer. Who doesn't love the feeling of digging one's toes into the sand!

35_Shell Seaker - 8

 35_Shell Seaker - 9
Messy messy and fun fun!

 35_Shell Seaker - 10
Lumpy bumpy layers in there.

Thanks for taking the time to pop in for a visit, really appreciate it!! I'll be back on Tuesday with my page for The Color Room # 126 but before that, here's the palette to vet your appetite! COLOR!! lots of it!



Toodelipip! xoxo Eila

7 comments:

  1. Härligt "kladdig" somrig layout. Läckert med den lilla boken som du lagt journling texten i.

    Här har jag också skrotat omkring i pyjamas idag... var dock tungen att klä på mig i eftermiddag då vi fick lite fikafrämmande.

    Kramiz Maja

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cool things on one page..YUMMIE!
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful summery, sunny page, and of course I love the many layers. LOL..I thought I was the only one that made spelling mistakes on my LOs, photographed them, posted them and then "ding" the light goes on and I spot the spelling error ! I feel better now that I can share this with you Eila. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so so beautiful!! Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOwwwwwww!!! Eila I ADORE this one! It's amazing!! 100% you!!! the spelling thing is minor and easily changed so don't even fret about it! I just adore all your textures and your little album cover is the best. I am definitely saving this for some tactile inspiration! Have a lovely weekend my dear :))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some shells! woot! So love this, th way you incorporated shells with flowers, nestled in with pearls, trinkets, and lace ... wow!

    ReplyDelete