Tuesday 18 September 2012

TCR # 128 and Prima August PPP feature

It's been a wonderful Tuesday over here even if we had surprise showers throughout the day. The temperature is dropping significantly in the evenings but the sun brings out some warmth during daytime. Time to start rummaging in the basement for other shoes and bringing out the sweaters. Suddenly all the summer colours seem so "wrong".

The TCR palette # 128 is an autumnal one with warm colours, or perhaps you see it as springlike over in Australia.



As I am also going to share my Prima August PPP in this post, I won't take up your time with words. Here it is, my TCR # 128 "Apple" page;

#128_Apples 2500px main
This one's quite heavy IRL and has lots of texture to it as you will see from the close-ups further down.

 #128_Apples - 2
This photo is by the fantastic Finnish photographer whom I have mentioned many times before. She has given me permission to use photos off her website if I point out that the photos are not mine.

 #128_Apples - 3
I have used cream coloured alphas forming the names of different apples. Here's is Baldwin.

 #128_Apples - 4
And Blenheim Orange along with lace, gauze, canvas, beadss, tulle, fabric and regular washi tape and gesso/modelling paste/lots of different mists.

 #128_Apples - 5

#128_Apples - 6
Some Prima leaves that I touched up with acrylic paint in gold.

 #128_Apples - 7

 #128_Apples - 8
The suede, tan and beige are mainly in the layers of the matting.

 #128_Apples - 9

 #128_Apples - 10

Prima also released the winners and features of the August BAP and PPP yesterday. Jennifer Snyder's gorgeous page won the BAP and Shona Keehn landed herself a well deserved win with her PPP.

For me the ultimate happiness is sharing success with my friends. Together with the beautiful pages of so many of yours, was also my PPP that I have called "Melancholy". CONGRATULATIONS to each and one of us!!

 Prima AUG2012 PPP 2500px main

 Prima AUG2012 PPP - 2

 Prima AUG2012 PPP - 3
Once again I have used a photo by the same Finnish photographer that I mention above. I always send her a photo of my finished page so that she can see what I have created with it.

 Prima AUG2012 PPP - 4

 Prima AUG2012 PPP - 5

Prima AUG2012 PPP - 6

 Prima AUG2012 PPP - 7

 Prima AUG2012 PPP - 8

 Prima AUG2012 PPP - 9

And with this last photo we have come to the end of this post. Thanks so much for your patience and for your much appreciated visit!

I am sending you off with a peek of the third joint September OUAS + CSI challenge that will be released this Friday evening standard Eastern time/Saturday morning standard Eastern Australian time. This time I will be sharing my page as OUAS DT member why it will be featured over at OUAS as well.


Have a really really great rest of the week and see you again on Saturday!

Toodeloo! xoxo Eila

20 comments:

  1. Both lay-outs are absolutely breathtaking! I love the amount of different textures and the pops of orange in the first one. And your eye for details on the second one is just amazing too. You created a gorgeous scenery to make that photo shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always amaze me with your gorgeous creations!!!!! just love every detail and the CSI peek is cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages you have made again lovely pictures cool layers and yummie texture.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that first layout is absolutely scrumptious!! Of course it goes without saying that the second one is lovely but that first one.....oh my!! Love the subtlety of the layers and that pop of colour from the flower is sublime :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages and congrats on having your page feautured over at Prima, you are on a roll there!! Pretty sure your pages have been there a few months in a row, just awesome!!!! I love that great big orange Prima flower in the first and how it just pops out at you and the second is just dreamy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to be featured at Prima. Congrats, it really is a stunning page.
    And your TCR page is just divine. I want to feel that glorious texture. I am sure this was one of those pages that was just a pleasure to create and get messy with. Stunning pic and that flower just sets it all off. Deeeee lish.
    And as for Summer clothes, I cannot wait to get mine out. So over the winter woolies and jeans. I need to show some skin (as white as it might be at the moment....lol). x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Eila!!!You so well deserved .... both layouts are so breathtaking!!! I adore your style and your creations... never ceased to amaze me.... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eila, you are so creative, beyond words... I always love popping in to give myself some serious inspiration. Your first layout is beyond words, so much creativeness wrapped into one page. I cannot believe how many amazing techniques you have used, it truly is an 'art piece'. I always enjoy seeing the elements you used, the design and how you combine everything.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all congrats again WtG for all of us!! Secondly just wanted to say how awesome is the texture on your LO it's absolutely amazing. Thirdly thank u for ur beautiful messages on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A post full of gorgeousness! Love the textures (I'm feeling like a parrot, but hey, you always have such gorgeous textures in your works of art!), the Prima LO is just breathtaking and the next CSI case seems really intriguing!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sweetie and congrats on the Prima...look forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did not realize the amount of effort that went into the Apples LO when I first saw it on FB. I am blown away by the details. Amazing texture and layering, Eila. This is way beyond AWESOME! Congrats on the Prima feature. I am sure the Finnish photographer is enjoying the incredible pages you make :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hei Eila:)

    Her var det mye vakkert!! Du scrapper så herlig om dagen - digger det:)

    Håper alt er bra med deg - og at du koser deg med høsten:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your background on the first layout is just amazing, Eila...and your cluster is just divine - everything is so perfectly placed.

    Your 2nd layout is so pretty....so many gorgeous layers, perfect embellishments & amazing design.

    Love them both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fabulous work Eila...
    kisses
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are AMAZING!!!! Love that colour palette for TCR too! Divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous pages Eila! Congrats on 2 features!! I never get around to the PPP - I really must try! LOVE your Finnabairish BAP - looks great with all those textures & that gesso. The bridge & birdie in the second are so appropriate! Lovely pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooops sorry I meant your TCR layout not BAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both are gorgeous Eila & I just adore the background on the Apple layout. So many gorgeous textures there. Beautiful.
    Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both are Gorgeous!! love your background work with all these layers and effects in the aple page. Beautiful dear!! Hugs!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete