Tuesday 25 September 2012

TCR # 129 Unveiled

Hello Tuesday!

Feels like yesterday I wrote my previous post, the whole weekend went by in the wink of an eye. So much happening at work at the moment, not much else to do but to go with the flow and remember to breathe.

As promised, this post will be about The Color Room's palette # 129. An interesting one with lots of different hues of green.



Here's my take - "Unveiled". This time the layers are made with stamping and misting/masking, with the exception of the area around the photo.

 #129_Unveiled 2500px main
The background paper was originally a very subtle cream and white damask pattern and ended up looking like this.

 #129_Unveiled - 2
The photo is not my own, I found it on internet. It was taken an autumn morning somewhere in Sweden, the sun dispersing the cobwebs of fairy fog and unveiling a landscape painted in flaming colours.

 #129_Unveiled - 3
The small circles have been masked with matte gel medium, touched up with acrylic paint in gold, misted in Suede, and stamped.

 #129_Unveiled - 4
A larger damask pattern was masked/inked and Joyce Lawrence's fun tea bag splatter was applied before more stamping. This time with mist to get a fuzzy pattern.

 #129_Unveiled - 5
Washi tape, torn German lace scrap and paper strips.

 #129_Unveiled - 6
A 100% Prima cluster.

 #129_Unveiled - 7
I misted the darker greens on the tulle that I had scrunched up and used as a bed for the photo together with gauze misted in lime. Torn German lace scrap that was also misted.

 #129_Unveiled - 8

 #129_Unveiled - 9
More stamping with mist, the lime green script.

 #129_Unveiled - 10
Here's an example of Joyce's tea bag splatter.

Et voilà! that's it!

I am wishing you a really great rest of the week with a peek of the 4th and last joint OUAS and CSI September case file # 39. Happy fun colours and some food for imagination!



Your visit mean the world to me, thank you so much for popping by!

I'll be back on Saturday to share my page.

toodeloo! xoxo Eila

18 comments:

  1. Eila, you always amaze me with your layouts!!!! I'm in awe at the techniques you use... amazing, creative and gob-smacklingly (my own word) gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!! this is stunning.. how magnificent the back ground details are... exquisitely created.. love it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background and the whole layout is absolutely stunning! Loving those layers of ink and mist and all the media you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool texture stunning page you have made.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  5. My oh my this is delightful! Love that colour scheme, what with last weeks's CSI and now this challenge it's a good job you have plenty of greens to choose from! Your background is sensational......perhaps one day you could share your process with us, I wouldn't have a clue where to start! That ripped lace and bead work is immense!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Härligt jobb med bakgrunden=). du kan du!! gillar massor.

    kramiz Maja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such amazing and beautiful background work Eila! Love all of it - really great texture you have created and LOVE your Prima cluster of course!! Fantastic page :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome background and Beautiful page my friend!!! love all the beautiful details!!!
    Please, take a time to breath sweetie...I used to work a lot and look at me now, I'll write you soon. Take care and a big hug!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Eila, that layout is a work of art !!!! what a wonderful background, and thanks so much for sharing how you did it ....

    we have featured one of your gorgeous layouts on the Manor House Cretions blog this month x

    ReplyDelete
  10. JUST OMG Beautiful Eila... Love the intensity...on the background...the colors... the embellishments used... totally stunning!!! You are simply amazing!! hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. just loving all your bits and pieces which make up your glorious backgrounds Eila ... so stunning and delish ... so interesting with some bubble wrap and mesh etc ... such an arty page, love it my special friend xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. That background is amazing and gorgeous use of the colours. Love the pic and your close ups always show the magnificent detail. You put soooooo much work into every page you do. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooooh, Eila! I will have to make several visits to your blog to absorb all the details. This is absolutely DELISH. I would have struggled with these colors but you aced the palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. GLORIOUS! The is stunning - so many lush layers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty Eila! Lov all the texture and layers! Bursting with creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning Eila!! Love the textures and the photo is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is magnificent! Very artistic and the details are amazing!

    ReplyDelete