Friday 25 May 2012

TCR # 112 "Thankful" and Prima May BAP "La Vie En Rose"

Hot, hot, hot for a Stockholmian! the mercury showed +30C in our kitchen window and +27C indoors. The cats lie flat on the floor and the floor fans run around the clock. As we haven't got the safety net installed yet, we cannot keep the balcony door open because of the cats. The horrifying incident with Elsa falling off our 4th-floor balcony last autumn is brandished in my memory and the fur babies are not allowed out there until the net is safely in place.

YAY for Friday! I'm leaving for a business trip on Sunday and won't be back home till late on Wednesday night, which means I'm going to be even more far behind with visits and commenting. Really so sorry for that.

Today I've got a TCR page and a page for the Prima May BAP to share with you.

First the news on the two new TCR DT members: fabulous NIC HOWARD and absolutely awesome CZEKOCZYNA from Poland! A super welcome to both ladies!

There is still time to send in your applications for the DT call, send your entries to lydell@exemail.com.au by 8 June!

And now to the #112 TCR palette and wonderful inspo sketch by Lydell;

 

This is my take "Thankful";

 #112_Thankful 3000px main
The colourful lady in the photo is my scrappy friend Rebekah from Florida and her hunk on their wedding day, St Patrick's 2012. They had a beach wedding and I just LOVE the light in the photo and the tender look on Bekah's face when looking at her newly wed husband.

 #112_Thankful - 2
I have only used one layer of paper this time, 7Dots collection Wonderland, but I have misted extra around the borders and also inked in TH Black Soot to make the lace pattern come out better. Modelling paste/masking under the photo and matting.

 #112_Thankful - 3
 At the moment I am absolutely crazy about acrylic paint in gold and have it on just about everything. The chippie grass was inked in TH Old Paper + Vintage Photo + Shabby Shutters before the gold was applied.

 #112_Thankful - 4


 #112_Thankful - 5


 #112_Thankful - 6


 #112_Thankful - 7

 #112_thankful - 8

 #112_Thankful - 9

 #112_Thankful - 10

And then my Prima May BAP based on the En Francais collection. I called it "La Vie En Rose" to give it a whiff of Paris;

MAY BAP 3000px main

 MAY BAP- 2
Just love that soooo typically French window!

 MAY BAP -3


 MAY BAP -4


MAY BAP - 5


Had myself some great fun dressing the 2 chippie flourishes! I say TA Glimmer Glam in Chandelier brings out the best in any colour! amazing stuff.

MAY BAP -6

No French cuisine would be complèt without some ail!

 MAY BAP -7

Et voilà on et arrivé au fin!

Thank you for not thinking I'm a lazy bugger never bothering to come for a visit. You are all in my heart and on top of my list each weekend, but lately my time has not been entirely mine to own.

I so incredibly appreciate your visits and oh so kind comments!!

Have a wonderful wonderful weekend all of you! On Saturday, 26 May at 2 p.m. Swedish time I am thinking of my scrappy friend Sylvia Mellander and toasting to her and her newly wed husband Ulf. Wishing you a church full of sobbing family and friends and a helluva party afterwards!

DH and I are going for a meal with friends and then to the theatre. All tickets were sold out within the first 30 minutes after they were released but I sat there on the phone on the dot 06.00 a.m. and got my 4 billetos de luxe superior wowza mega yay for me!

Toodelipip! xoxo Eila

19 comments:

  1. Fantastisk den øverste LOen og jeg elsker det du har gjort med arket for å fremheve blondene!! Must try :)
    Utrolig stemning i bildet og det har du gjenskapt i hele layouten, med maling, misting og fantastisk pynting! Brudeparet verdig!
    Nydelig og stemningsfull LO fra Frankrike også, tøft med mange herlige detaljer!
    Kose dere på teater i morgen og ha en fin helg :)
    (samt ikke ha dårlig samvittighet for at tiden ikke strekker til)
    Klem

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, wow and a little more wow - just love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful layouts Eila, love the french theme one, so frenchy.
    Enjoy your time out, have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Härliga layouter. Den övre är så romantiskt vacker så jag bara dör!!!! Den andra hur cool som helst. Ha så trevligt på teaterbesöket =). Själv ska jag gräva i min trädgård =).

    Kramiz maja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you really can scrap any photo and any subject. They are both totally delish and I always love your close ups so I can get in there and see it all. Loving the gold too. Keep on golding I say.
    Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You truly are a golden girl,dear and your los are full of glorious detail.I had a short period too when I painted with gold and I think you may have prompted me to break out that bottle again,..-paint bottle that is...LOl!
    Also love the paste you have on some of your flowers, it adds a touch of softness and mystery. Gorgeous. And you did great with these rather busy papers!! Oh, and are you going anywhere nice....?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I forgot to say that Sylvi my darling sis, and I had ice cream in your photo at Plce de Vosges. We had a crazy friendly waiter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous pages, Eila! I love how each is designed perfectly for the subject--the first with a romantic, elegant flavor, and the second with a perfect French flair! All those layers and exquisite details are so beautiful, and that modeling paste is like icing on a wedding cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh! wow! this really wasn't one of my favorite wedding shots & i was wondering what you were going to do with it and this is more than stunning! love the gold around it - the lace, and paste is just amazing. all the gorgeous details, time and thought you put into this layout & photo. it almost makes me cry. that burlap hidden in there is a fun treat too! thanks so much for scrapping this photo its beautiful!
    the french window is also a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving all of this - the moulding paste, the gold acrylic paint and the glimmer glam! Way to go, Eila!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful work Eila!! I just love your attention to detail and the amount of love you put into everything you do. :-)xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh just love it all Eila. So many beautiful elements & that background is just perfection.
    Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. you always have so many details on your creations....just gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow these are just gorgeous! Love everything about both of them...fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow !! Eila, both these pages are so, so wonderful. The first one I absolutely love.. the 7Dots paper has lots of textural character anyway but the masking you have added on top is a touch of brilliance, you have created so much depth and texture ( my favourite things along with this paper range ) and what a beautiful photo to work with. The second page is absolutely delightful. I love the angle of the photo and how you have worked in the beautiful details around it. Enjoy your summer....it's getting colder and greyer here by the minute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woohoo - sounds like a fun weekend was had and now you are away - you are a jetsetter!! And to think I was hassling you with all those e mails when you had so much going on - gosh you are really a good friend for taking the time out to help under the circumstances! Eila these pages are just INCREDIBLE. They really are. I am totally in love with that first one. It looks like Finnabairs. I would love to do one like it but absolutely no idea where to even begin - inimitable! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW Eila, your Thankful LO is a truly stunning creation.. adore everything about this page!!! Love your French themed page too.. gorgeous work all around!! hugs :))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eila your pages are amazing! Love them all! And congratulations for being featured as guest designer at OUAS! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in love with your first page, Eila, it's soo Beautiful, love the lace background, it looks smoothness and feminine, love it!!
    You Paris's page is full of Beautiful details and the pics are lovely. Gorgeous work dear!! :)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete