Saturday 2 February 2013

Once Upon A Sketch (OUAS) February 2013 - "My Friend"

February already!! seems I'm saying it each week, time really swooshes by at incredible speed. It is now time for the OUAS February challenge and team B's turn to share our layouts.

February Challenge- TEAM B




Theme : LOVE

love.

The month of February is the month we celebrate St Valentine's Day here in Australia and in many parts of the world. Love takes on many forms..relationship love, parental love etc etc. So let's think about what the above quote can mean and how you can interpret it on a layout. You are free to scrap about any kind of love you wish, however based on the following sketch.

Ideas for journalling: love for your partner, family, parents, siblings, children, work, students, craft, music, extra curricular activities. Whatever it is that you do with love!

Your layout must incorporate this theme and the sketch below. 

Please make sure that we see some sort of journalling on your layouts and please tell us where your journalling is . You are allowed to journal in any language but please tell us where on your page we will find your journalling. Remember journalling has to be a bit more than a title, or a generic comment. Hidden journalling is perfectly fine.




Please welcome the winner from our December challenge


Yuko Tanaka (Japan) 


Here is Yuko's take on our challenge. 


The winner of this challenge as voted by the Design Team will win the prize from our main sponsor and also be invited to come back in April as our Guest Designer. 

We welcome a new sponsor for the month of February


Meg’s Garden of papercraft delights is a dynamic Australian internet based company which thrives on providing a unique product range of papers, accessories & ephemera to its customers. The philosophy of the company is to be a trendsetter with new & gorgeous products; to make the store an inspirational haven, by creating an image so that the customer can come in, stroll through the garden & fill their garden basket with ideas.



The papers are Australian designed & Australian printed by Designs Galore (a wholesale company owned by Meg’s Garden). The embellishments & ephemera are sourced from local & overseas markets in order to provide a fabulous range with which to accessorize & complement the papers for collage, scrapbooking & all other papercraft projects. The blog features a fabulous Design Team with a variety of artistic talents.



Come Stroll through the Garden.

Meg's Garden is donating the following prize pack to the winner of this challenge.
The just release collection "‘Ode to a Summer’s Day"

















 The deadline for this challenge is midnight February 25th Australian Eastern Standard Time.Have fun!!!


 Here's my take on the challenge - "My Friend";

 
OUAS FEB2013 My Friend 800px main 
I am sure your recognize this beautiful, generous and very very talented lady from Brisbane, Australia: Lindy Gillespie.

From day one when we met at The Color Room (TCR) some years ago, Lindy struck a cord in me. Her beautiful mixed media background work is phenomenal but it is not her work that immediately captured that very very special place in my heart that only some few people have - it is Lindy herself.

I have not yet met her in person, but through many conversations both online and over the phone, she has become a true friend. We have shared disappointments, frustrations, crazy joy and innumerable exchanges of little bits of our every day lives. I know I can trust her with my most inner thoughts and ponderings knowing that they stay with her no matter what. She is incredibly funny, has a wicked sense of humour and a truly generous heart and soul. Not only that, she is wise and has always good advice to offer when I am at loss. She encourages and supports without demanding anything in return. 

Despite the distance in kilometers/miles and timezones, she is never farther away than a couple of clicks on my keyboard or mobile phone. She is my buddy, my team mate and one of my absolutely dearest friends any categories. One day I will come to Australia and I will knock on your door, that's a promise!

Thank you also Lindy for sending me these gorgeous KaiserCraft Forget-Me-Not-papers that I have used when creating my page!

There are some other doors in Australia that I am looking forward to knocking on too; one on 28, Kandahar Crescent and another one on 1 Doonkuna Street. You know who you are! 

In fact, I could write a travel itinerary with beautiful street names around the world that I would love to visit one day! What a fantastic journey to look forward to!

 OUAS FEB2013 My Friend - 2

OUAS FEB2013 My Friend - 3

 OUAS FEB2013 My Friend - 4

 OUAS FEB2013 My Friend - 5

 OUAS FEB2013 My Friend - 6

OUAS FEB2013 My Friend - 7

All winners of the CSI Birthday Bloghop 25-29 January 2013 will be presented this weekend both in a special newsletter sent out to our members and on the CSI ning site.

http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/

A new chance of winning some more Blue Fern Studios chipboards will come on 8-10 February 2013 US EST time when the Blue Fern Studios Blog Hop takes place. BFS will have a grand prize and I will have a present of my own too.

I will be back on Tuesday, 5 February when I will share my page for Color..Stories..Inspiration (CSI) case file # 57 released last night US EST time. 

Here's a sneak of the gorgeous colours!

Wishing you all a fantastic weekend!!

Toodelipip! xoxo Eila

12 comments:

  1. Saw this beautiful reveal and wanted to comment right away. I love what you did with this collection. I have it sitting in my room unused and you've used it beautifully and with such a gorgeous LO for Lindy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is gorgeous andh hello miss Lindy :) I agree she is amazing and you missy have rocked this sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eila your page is 100% stunning!! Gorgeous details and layering, love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every little bit of your lay-out is so so gorgeous! Really love this lay-out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing layout of Lindy you have created Eila, it is so special you two have a beautiful and unique friendship - even though you have never met in person. I do hope you two meet sometime soon ....
    Your gorgeous details, always leave me speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A unique and adorable LO you have created.It sounds like the perfect long distance relation ship with no boundries with todays technology.
    I hope you make it to Australia one day :)
    Love the layers of paper on your page and all the fun and beautiful flowers and embellishments
    Thanks for your kind comment on ARTastic blog, it really warms.
    Håper du har hatt en fin helg og god søndag :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love your layout Eila....


    I really miss you .. missing your stunning work!!!


    Very inspiring indeed!!! Hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only you could create such a beautiful page, not just visually, which you do so very well, but heart-felt and genuine. You're a gem Eila. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a really beautiful job of this page Eila!! Everything about it is so exceptional. Absolute prefection in my eyes! Sorry I didn't visit you this weekend - I had your tab open and my internet went (line fault in our area).

    It's still off but I've borrowed a 3G card to use tonight as I have a layout to post before I leave so just popping in quickly after our farewell dinner to pay your beautiful online home a visit. Hope you have a great week xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this page. The background is absolutely gorgeous and your sense of layering is amazing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Eila...so great to have true friends! The details on this layout are fabulous as always! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful page to celebrate your friendship! Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete