Tuesday 5 February 2013

CSI case file # 57 - "Little Gestures of Love"

Goodness, it's Tuesday already! Hope you all had a really great weekend, mine was super busy with a family birthday celebration and a dinner date with my darling hubby between all the other chores one has to do. Lots of things happening in the office too. Feels good that life isn't ticking over, always new adventures every single day :)

A new month brings lots of new surprises to CSI...a new sponsor, a new theme for our Case Files, and a new team of guest designers! Thank you to everyone who helped us celebrate CSI's first birthday! 

As always, Michele has created a fabulous set of printables for you! Check out the beautiful papers and that lovely text heart Michele made for us! We can't wait to see how you use the Coordinates this week! 
 

CSI Coordinates can always be found at the bottom of the reveal threads.  Scroll all the way to the bottom, where it says "Attachments." They are just above the reply box. 

  

February is the month of love and Valentine's Day, and that is our theme that ties together this month's Case Files. This week's scene is from Vectorious.

  

THE SCHEME (USE ALL 5 COLORS)
  • Teal Affection - bright teal green, taken from the left bird's head  - 46.136.136
  • Dreamy Green - light celadon green, taken from the left bird's neck - 228.232.197
  • On Cloud 9 - white, taken from the birds' bodies - 255.255.255
  • A Kiss of Pink - ballet-slipper pink, taken from the background - 253.232.231
  • Candy Heart - dark lipstick pink, taken from the right bird's head - 213.84.103

EVIDENCE (CHOOSE AT LEAST 2 ELEMENTS) 
  • hearts
  • flowers
  • leaves/vines
  • birds
  • solid background
  • 10 layers (inspired by the heart)
  • die cuts
  • punches
  • feathers
  • fabric brads
  • stars/starbursts
  • a large heart as a major design element
  • weave or intertwine something (inspired by the vines)

TESTIMONY (CHOOSE AT LEAST 1 ELEMENT)
  • Document a love story (interpret as you wish).
  • Write a top 10 (or other 10) list
  • Journal from two different perspectives (he said/she said; the past you/the present you; the present you/the future you, etc.)
  • Record a conversation or journal as dialogue
  • Use a heart-shaped journaling spot
  • Add hearts to your journaling spot
  • Inspiration Words: -- soar, love, reflect use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title 
We trust we've left enough clues for you to solve the case!
The deadline for completing Case File No. 57
is Sunday, February 10, 11:59 p.m. EST.
Thus, you have a week plus the two weekends to complete your layout.
(See count-down timer on the right-hand sidebar of most pages.)

We can't wait to see what YOU create! 

Here is my take - "Little Gestures of Love".

I based in on Sketch nbr 3 by Michele Singh, you can find it on her blog Design-Honey HERE




All papers are from Norwegian Tilda's spanking brand new collection called Country Escape.
This page is all about the little everyday gestures of love that my DH shows me. From the second I first looked into his beautiful blue eyes, I fell madly in love and have stayed so since then. It will be 13 years this June.

He knows how badly I need my morning coffee and without hesitation goes to the store to get me some if we have run out of it. He knows how much time I have to spend in front of the computer to fulfill my scrappy commitments and without hesitation he cooks our dinner and sets the table before kissing me to say wake-up-darling-dinner-is-ready. He makes a grocery list and goes shopping even before I have noticed he has been gone and come back home again.

He goes to the post office to get my scrappy parcels, he vacuums the paper scraps and picks the pop dots and stickers off the paws of our fur babies when they have been helping out in my nook. He looks at me in my less than hot knickers and bra in the morning and goes starry-eyed before saying HE is blessed to have me in HIS life. All I can see in the mirror is a huge mango butt, boobs gone south and the bags under my eyes. In his eyes, I am one of the Victoria's Secret angels and he makes me feel that every single day. 

I don't need roses on Valentine's, I don't need diamonds on our anniversaries, I don't need fancy dinners in restaurants, all I need is this man of mine and life is richer than that of Donald Trump's. Thank you Bengt for changing my life that special day back in 2000, thank you for riding out the storms together with me and for never ever pulling up the anchor no matter what. I am blessed to have YOU in my life!


Evidence used are; hearts (well actually just one), flowers, birds, diecuts. I haven't exactly intertwined leaves or flourishes, but the diecuts on the right have been woven over and under, left over right in layers. I also have 10 different layers on my page.






The Blue Fern Bloghop starts on 8 February 2013 at midnight US EST time. I hope you will be hopping along to see all the amazing creations of the DT featuring so many different Blue Fern Studios chipboards. I promise you a feast for the eye!

Thank you ever so much for your visit!! 

Toodelipip! xoxox Eila


 

8 comments:

  1. Happy Tuesday Eila, loving your page...so much love in this one :)
    have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooooo yummy and I love that sketch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely in every way Eila. I think BOTH of you are very lucky to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok you made me teary eyed again. Beautiful man for a beautiful woman. He sees what I see what we all see the beautiful Eila inside and out. Don't you see it?? Love has no boundaries and love likes mangoes lol and all the fruits in every shape and size. It's not the outside or the inside but your soul he fell in love with and I know why. I have one like that too. We are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout Eila.... I love the colors... How romantic!!!!I love the rosettes .... the lace.... everything on it.... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post & beautiful layout - everything is just perfect!! A beauty to behold...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I left you lots of love at CSI! This is super Eila...so soft and gentle and beautiful! Just lovely! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post is heart-warming, Eila! You truly deserve a man as special as your DH because you are no less :)

    ReplyDelete