Monday 11 February 2013

Blue Fern Studios My February DT pages

Thank you so very much to everyone for joining in on the Blue Fern Studios' Blog Hop that took place 8 -10 February! The winners of BFS' Grand Prize will be announced shortly, the winner of my own present will be announced on Wednesday.

It is 11 February which means my turn over at Blue Fern Studios. Today I am going to show you the 2 other pages that I have made for February.

The first one - "Rust" - features both the Country Picket Fence (074561) and the Blooming Flourish (074509).

 Country Picket Fence
 Country Picket Fence (074561)

 Blooming Flourish (2)

Blooming Flourish (074509 )

 
All papers used are from Swedish Maja Design's collection called "A Walk In The Forest". It is a very old collection that seems to have been re-printed as I am currently seeing many in their DT using it.



Pink Paislee and Prima stamping, gold acrylic paint and TH distress in Black Soot through a mask.




The chippie flourishes were first misted in Tattered Angels Gold and Olive Vine,
before I chalked them in Olive Pastel, Dark Moss, Amber Clay and Pumpkin Spice.

A rustic feel with Tim Holz metal cogs, wooden board paper, burlap and rough twine.

This photo is by the Finnish photographer whom I've mentioned many times before. 
I just love how she captures little scenes of Finnish rural life, of people and 
familiar things that make the Finn in me come alive with many many 
memories of the countryside where my mother and father grew up.

I cut the fence in half and painted it in white acrylic paint before script 
stamping it in red.



My second page that I have called "Origins",  features the small Organic Vine Corner that you can find in the C'est Magnifique shop HERE. 

Organic Vine Corner - Large 

 
Papers used are from Prima "Romantique".
If the photo of the tractor is quintessentially Finnish to me, 
this photo of a red wooden house is equally very 
Swedish to me. 

You find these houses in the countryside, 
always with lush lilac bushes and granny flowers in the 
flower beds. Often with white gingerbread work 
lovingly carved by someone a hundred or 
more years ago.





I am very much into gold glimmer mist at the moment, 
just LOVE the stuff!

The Vine Corners were misted in Tattered Angels Gold, Cranberry Zing,
Wild Currant and Black Cherry. Can you see that luscious glimmer in there!





All the Blue Fern Studios chipboards can be bought in the C'est Magnifique's shop HERE

I will be back on Wednesday when I will announce the winner of my Blue Fern Studios Blog Hop present and share my page for CSI case file nbr 58. Here's a sneak of the beautiful palette!

I have been creating behind the scenes for something that will be revealed on 26 March. Have missed popping in to see what fabulousness you guys have been creating of late, am catching up on visits and commenting.

Wishing you a really great week, if you want to - see ya on Wednesday!

Toodelipip!  xoxox Eila  

(totally agreeing with those of you who are wondering about this word - it does sound like something Mary Poppins might say! it is English of course.)

16 comments:

  1. HI..These are amazing, love all the details, all the layers.. and the chippies are beautiful too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Красиво!
    Всё так со вкусом подобрано, что не сразу увидишь, где заканчивается фотография и начинается обрамление.
    А вязаные цветы хороши!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wee loving those chippies, totally rich and so lush, you have done wonders with the chippies...... catch you later in the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing work E! Love the treatments on the chip pies and the photo are wonderful -can't wait till your surprise at the end of the month lovely lady....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eila, i always have such an excitemnet when i see your post, i love your creations, love all the little bits and pieces that make them truly unique! great job with chippies:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eila you are simply amazing!!!! loving the details the layering and the chippies!!!Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Love love love it!!! Hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful pages Eila!! Oh I do so love a catch up on your very special blog!!! You combine everything together not only lovingly but also expertly and the finished results are just amazing. I hope you have yourself some 12" WRMK faux leather albums all stacked nicely on a bookshelf in that chic apartment of yours, displaying the wonderful results of your talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what loveliness I found this morning on your blog!! So rustic yet Shabby Chic!! just pure gorgeousness. Your LOs always make me feel as if they were created with magic. But what I think I feel is just the positive energy emanating from you not only in your LOs but in life! Love the photos, love the LOs, well what else can I say love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ljuvliga layouter. Gillar den med traktorn speciellt mycket. Alla dina lager och blandningen av olika detaljer är genialt. Gillar din mix!

    Kramiz Maja

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your both lay-outs so much! They both have such a wonderful warm feel and you have incorporated so many lovely details on them. I like how you used the Walking in the Forest collection. It's definitely one of my favourites from Maja Design too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantasticly made LO filled with life and details. The one with the tractor is epecially eyecatching
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Eila...these are simply divine layouts! The RUST one is absolutely fabulous and I love it! Everything is perfect and the details fabulous! Love your work girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabuleux travail ! j'aime tout les détails ..<3
    corinne de france

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing work, Eila...love them both!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the rustic feeling your pages evoke! You are ROCKING those Blue Fern chippies :)

    ReplyDelete