Tuesday 19 February 2013

CSI case file # 59 - Counting the Ways

Hope this Tuesday finds you well wherever you are. Stockholm has been covered in a delicate layer of snow but it's not particularly cold at all. Hearing the birds singing in the tree outside our kitchen window, I am dreaming of warmer days once again.

Got my new passport from the police today and my goodness what a fright to see oneself in that photo! You're not supposed to look good, the lady at the counter said. Huh?! 

Well, I hope you will find something pretty on the page I am sharing with you today; a page made for CSI case file # 59 - "Counting the Ways". 

First the detailed clues;

As always, Michele has created a fabulous set of printables for you! Check out the marvelous images inspired by The Scene that Michele made for us! We can't wait to see how you use the Coordinates this week! 

CSI Coordinates can always be found at the bottom of the reveal threads.  Scroll all the way to the bottom, where it says "Attachments." They are just above the reply box. Read about some tips on how to use these cool printables here


February is the month of love and Valentine's Day, and this week's Scene was found at House of Smiths.

So are you ready for this week's challenge? Grab your forensics kits, CSI members, and get ready for some serious sleuthing as we open Case File No. 59. 

 
 

THE SCHEME (USE ALL 5 COLORS

  • Passion - bright red, taken from that red object on the top shelf - 180.139.56
  • Smitten - pale pink, taken from the plate - 25.237.232
  • Devotion - grayish green, taken from the topiary pots - 158.161.134
  • Crush - dark charcoal gray (almost black), taken from the birds/branches - 69.75.71
  • Beloved - light gray, taken from the canvas quote  - 224.223.221
EVIDENCE (CHOOSE AT LEAST 2 ELEMENTS)

  • frames
  • distressing
  • bird
  • cage
  • numbers
  • something glass or  transparent
  • topiary tree
  • branch
  • create something like a shelf for elements to sit on
  • curls/flourishes
  • texture paste (inspired by the textured ceiling)
  • embossing
TESTIMONY (CHOOSE AT LEAST 1 ELEMENT)

  • Document Valentine's Day.
  • Let the quote on the canvas inspire you.
  • Use a movie title as inspiration for your journaling (can be the title of your layout, but make sure you also journal).
  • List 14 things about your topic.
  • Choose a prompt from here.
  • Frame your journaling
  • Inspiration Words: -- passion, love, perfect, arrange use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title

We trust we've left enough clues for you to solve the case!

The deadline for completing Case File No. 59

is Sunday, February 24, 11:59 p.m. US EST.

Here is my take:

I was inspired by a sketch by Michele Singh for the design, and Aida Domisiewicz' paper collection Frosted Life when I misted the pink/silver/grey background.

The grayish green floral backing paper is from one of Norwegian Tilda's new collections called The Seaside Life.

Here I have used two chipboard hearts from Blue Fern Studios Heart Set ( 074417) and layered them on top of each other. Gesso, ivory embossing powder, misting in red and some aged silver embossing enamel that pooled out into groovy puddles and splatter.

This is how the hearts look like untreated and you can find them HERE.



Heart Set
 (074417)

This luscious flourish belongs to another chipboard piece from Blue Fern Studios, the Fancy Birdcage (074677)

You can find it HERE and this is what it looks like raw.


Fancy Birdcage
(074677)

The photo is taken from internet.

Fussy-cut blooms are from a paper by Fabscraps. The deep garnet red velvet pansies are from Meg's Garden as are the two violets, forget-me-nots in cream and cut off jewels from a diamanté trim.

Here you can see the textured embossing a bit better.


My journalling is at the back of my layout as it often is. The title and the figures refer to everything that I love about my husband but many things are kind of private. So I simply let Elizabeth Barrett Browing's words speak for me;

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints,—I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!—and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.


I misted the birdcage and the flourish in Graphite and Silver before inking in black. Then a bit of Stickles in Diamond before dabbing the pieces in TH distress ink in Forest Moss and as a final layer, I covered them in Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in Chandelier for extra shine.

Thanks ever so much for popping by, you have made my day!

The March surprise I've mentioned actually goes live on 26 February and I'll be able to share a couple of pages with you on 28 February.

I'll be back on Saturday with my January Prima PPP and BAP.

Till then - cheers!

xoxox Eila  



13 comments:

  1. Wow, your lay-out looks truly amazing! It's such a wonderful mix of colours for a romantic lay-out. I also love what you did with the tiny Prima alphabet stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiiiii :) oh this is just so so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful and romantic Eila!! It's perfect in every way. And such a beautiful poem of course perfectly chosen for the love you feel for him which I can tell its very deep.
    This is truly gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw very clever with those numbers. Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful layout, everything is just perfect and agree with Keren regarding the numbers, so clever. The photograph is so unique, and I love the poem too. P.S I'm not sure anyone I know is happy with their passport photograph - criminal looking LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. je suis ok avec ces dames :-) très romantique
    bises
    corinne de france

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so divine my friend love the numbers placements and great looking chippies ...yes passport photos are always horrid...
    have a great day E!!
    Lindy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awsome LO, love those hearts and how you transformed them.....
    ... And as always lots of wonderful details :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eila this page is pure perfection! You really need to be displaying these beauties, I am going to send you a link for a place I use to make beautiful deep frames for me. The postage will be high but the frames are cheap. You may find that ordering one a month doesn't break the bank and just imagine a statement wall full of your stunning creations. Of course you may not have the space or desire for that but I'll send it in any case, as you may use some for gifts. Hope you get to relax a little at some point. I am exhausted and in dire need of a day off. I have work coming out of my ears on every front though and that terrible feeling that I'm not performing particularly well on any of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Miss Eila, looooove this layout, perfection plus. You are definitely on fire girl. I am sooooo lovin everything you are doing lately. Love love love this one especially. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo elegant and beautiful Eila! You have such beautiful details as per usual and the sentiment is just fabulous! Love this page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. getting caught up on your beautiful blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog on C'st Magnifique and what a fabulous layout indeed! Can you tell me where you found this delightful photo? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete