Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Color Room # 130 - "1951"

Hello friends near and far!

I have pre-scheduled this to go live on Tuesday, 2 October. Hope this Tuesday finds you all well where ever you are. As I wrote in my previous post, life has piled on too much on my plate at the moment. My priorities are therefore temporarily geared in other directions than scrapping. Hope to have some more structure to things soon.

Anyhow. Last Friday saw the release of The Color Room palette # 130. It is from Her Room and the colours are whitewashed + pinks. Just look at the gorgeous sketch by Lydell Quin!!


White washed means you can ONLY use white + the 3 other colours in the palette. NO neutrals may be added, i.e. no kraft, no black, no brown, no beige, well nothing else than the white and 3 pinks. You can of course white wash the pink hues if you want to. As an added twist, you also have to use dots in either the colour shown or any of the other pinks in the palette. 

Here is my take - "1951" which is the year the photo of my mum was taken in.

. #130_1951 main 2500px
I have used water colour paper instead of cardstock as base as I knew this would be a page of many layers. Then I misted and masked/modelling pasted a square piece of canvas that I placed on top.

 #130_1951 - 2
My mum when she was 15 years old.

 #130_1951 - 3
More gesso and modelling paste. The chunky texture is embossing powder on wet modelling paste. Lesson learned, it doesn't bubble on fabric as it does on paper. Actually it doesn't bubble at all, sort of just melts into the canvas and leaves a grainy residue.

 #130_1951 - 4
Layers of doily, papers from MME's Lavender collection, notebook paper, handmade paper from India (the white with embossed dots).

 #130_1951 - 5
Pulled out threads from gauze and modelling paste.

 #130_1951 - 6
 Misting and stamping in Black Cherry, Tattered Rose and Rose Tea.

 #130_1951 - 7

And that's it!

Wonderful as always having you for a visit, thank you warmly!

Take care and have a wonderful week!

Toodelipip! xoxo Eila

25 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning.. what a precious photo too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is just another stunning layered and textured lay-out of yours! I love how you used these colours. They beautifully compliment the sepia toned photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nydelig, både det gamle bildet av din mor og scrappinga !!
    Ha en fin dag,
    Klem

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly drewl-worthy work my sweets! i don't really know where to start with the prize. Your backgrounds are out of this world, and I think you learned some of that from the mixed media class that I was stupid enough to decide not to attend!! I am just blown by the different ideas and I love the look of the canvas even if the embossig powder didn't bubble. Might even be better this way...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layers on this page, making it truly beautiful. Tx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with Bente 'drool worthy' for sure! Hope life is being nice to you ....and you'll soon be where you wish to be xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG white.....Eilaness....delightful photo.....amazing detail = LOVE :0) This is most definitely my FAVE!!! Hope life settles down and you are soon able to find 'escape' time xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool layers and texture sweet picture of your mom and yes this week the colors are Yummie.
    byeeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this layout!!
    The precious photo memories

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jätteläcker och så välarbetad sida Eila! Härliga färger att jobba med;) som en läcker karamell! Kramar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rett å slett helt nydelig , du har så mange fine sier at eg har ikkje ord for det ,Fantastisk sier eg bare å bøyer meg i støvet for deg
    klem Marion

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooo beautiful Miss Eila. You inspired me to join in at TCR this week. Such a lovely layout. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I saw this palette I knew you would create an amazing layout - and boy, was I right! Love all the 'stuff' on the paper! Gorgeous and stunning! Stay well my friend. I will be thinking of you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Awesome!!! love all the textures and dimension here!! You hit a home run!!! love it!!! I hope everything is fine there my sweet friend!!! A big hug!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGoodness...this is exquisite, Eila!
    I love everything about it...such stunning layers & textures & you totally nailed the colour combo. Fantastic work & definitely drool worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!! THIS LAYOUT IS PHENOMENAL!! THE LAYERS AND THE TEXTURES ARE SO AMAZING I'VE HAD TO STARE AT IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO HAVE ALL THE DETAILS SINK IN.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW... I'm so amaze!!! THis layout is totally beautiful!!! Loving all the textures the colors... and the techniques... You are amazing Eila... love this to bits... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. So shabby and feminine and love how you use texture paste. I cannot believe the layers. I want to run my hands across the textures (that sounds kind of weird but you know what I mean....lol). Just sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a bit behind my self so I know the feeling :P
    Anyway this is a gorgeous page. Love the layers upon layers and Creative use of maskings.... And as always loads of fun, sweet and well placed embellishments.
    Your pages are such "happy" ones so it's always a pleasure to pop by :)
    Ha en trivelig helg :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely DELISH details and layers. Love this picture of your mum :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. you even can not imagine, how I love it. the color combo is one of my favourite. all those textures are fantastic with pink dots. and thank you for the technique on the xanvas with embissing powder, I have to try

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ljuvlig =) Återigen dessa lagera v papper som jag är så imponerad av =)

    Kram

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome layering and texture here...this is Divine my friend!!! love the lovely pic of your mum..what an adorable memory!! just gorgeous!!
    Hugs!!!xoxo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing grouping of all things beautiful here! So sorry to hear about life giving you lemons right now. I for one will always follow your blog even if you need to take time out at any point. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete