Monday 16 July 2012

My first DT page for OUAS

Veeery excited to share my first DT layout for Once Upon A Sketch! There is such incredible talent represented there that I feel trembles and trepidations each time I think about it.

We are divided into 2 teams; team A has their release on 1st of each month and team B ditto on 15th. Ergo follows that it's time for the team B reveal. This month's theme is FRIEND.



Theme: Friend
We would like you to create a layout and interpret the theme "Friend" however you like based on the following sketch. You can journal as little or as much as you like, but your layout must incorporate this theme and the sketch below. Please make sure that we see some sort of journalling on your layouts and please tell us where your journalling is . Hidden journalling is perfectly fine. 

Ideas for journalling: one of your current friends, a childhood friend, an unexpected friendship,what having friends mean for you, a friend that you miss or have lost, family member who is your closest friend, a scrappy/online  friend,  a special person that has touched your life, someone who has helped you out lately, a friend that you couldn't do without, your children's friends / classmates etc., your pet and the friendship you have with it.


We have 2 new featured sponsors this month. The first one is a gorgeous etsy shop by one of our newest Design Team member's Kay Fatula.

Please welcome to Once Upon A...Sketch KAY'S CREATIVE CORNER

Arts & crafts has been my guilty pleasure since the first time I picked up a crayon. With time, my love of crafts ventured into drawing, altering items, painting, stamping & finally scrapbooking. Kay's Kreative Korner was opened in 2009. It began simply as a way of sharing a few of my handmade items. I opened my shop with a couple of handstamped cards & a few pre made scrapbook pages. Within a year, I stopped making cards and decided to sell embellishments--specifically butterflies. I've always admired the butterfly & what it symbolizes. Change, transformation, a new start, beginnings...with this concept I started making scrapbook embellishments based on existing butterflies from all around the world. Today I carry a couple of unique scrapbook embellishments. In addition to the butterflies I specialize in vines & beaded flowers. I make each item with much TLC and careful precison. My greatest reward is seeing how others use my embellishments on thier own projects & pages...

Direct link to shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/karlaskreativekorner

The second new sponsor for July is a new online store called SCRAP LOCKER

Scrap Locker is a brand new online scrapbooking store with a huge variety of products from many favorite manufacturers including Tim Holts, Prima Marketing, Zva Creative and many more. Scrap Locker also has many handmade items. Some of the handmade items include crochet flowers, bead sprays and albums. Scrap Locker ships to many international locations. Scrap Locker also has a gallery and would love for you to fill out a gallery inclusion form and share your crafty inspiration with fellow scrapbookers. Check us out today at www.scraplocker.com

Now here are our permanent sponsors for 2012.







How would you like to be our Guest Designer for the month of September? The winner of this challenge with the most points, as voted by the Design Team will be invited to be our GUEST DESIGNER in September and create along side our Design Team. This person will also win this fabulous prize from Kay's Kreative Korner

Prize consists of 2 mini embellishment kits (kits are called Desert Rose & Purple Rain). Both mini embellishment kits contain 1 vine, 1 five inch stick pin & 3 coordinating butterflies. One set of Auburn Rain beaded flowers (3 flowers in this set) & one set of Delicate Pink beaded flowers (2 flowers in this set). All beaded flowers measure approximately 1 1/4" in diameter. One set of 'glass' G1 butterfly embellishments. These butterflies are made out of transparency & coordinate with just about any page or project. Large butterfly measures approximately 3" inches in diameter. Medium butterfly measures about 2 1/4" inches in width & the smallest butterfly measures approximately 1 3/4" inches in diameter. Measurement based on widest wing span. Finally one set of Cinnamon Owl butterfly embellishments. Largest butterfly measures approximately 2 1/2" inches in diameter. Medium butterfly measures about 2" inches in diameter & smallest butterfly measures 1 1/2" inches in diameter. Measurements based on widest wing span.

The following prizes will be given to the next 4 winning entries


Mini June kit from C'EST MAGNIFIQUE

Scrapbooking Fantasies has donated TWO ribbon packs (for 2 winners) from SCRAPBOOKING FANTASIES . Each prize is valued at over $10AUS each and contains 25 half metre lengths of ribbons, trims and lace in shades of pink and aqua from quality brands, plus FREE international postage!!

Of course we do not forget our random winners. These are the prizes up for grabs for our RANDOMLY drawn entries..



**This is an international blog, so anyone can enter

**You are free to combine Once Upon A..Sketch challenges with other challenges. We don't mind at all!!!

**You are allowed to enter only layouts for our challenges **You are also allowed to flip or rotate the sketch or alter it to suit your needs, but please make sure its still recognisable.

**Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery and link it on the right hand side of this blog using the Link tool. Please provide a direct link to your post, not your entire blog.If the link tool is down, please leave a comment on the comments section and link your layout there.

** The deadline for this challenge is midnight July 31st, Australian Eastern Standard Time . The Design Team will vote and the Top 5 layouts PLUS Top 5 featured layouts will be announced soon after the challenge has finished.

**You may enter as many times as you like **Also, please consider turning off word verification for comments on your blog. For a complete list of the rules please see the top of this page.

Here is my DT layout for the July challenge on the theme of FRIEND - "Elsi and I"

OUAS 1JULY2012 Elis and I main 3000px
All papers are from Swedish Pion Design's newest collection Grandma's Schoolbook.
 OUAS 1JULY2012 Elsi and I - 2
Elsi and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. I'm the blond on the right and Elsi's on the left. I must have been about 3 years old and Elsi 4, so we're talking 1962. Our families were neighbours and as there were no kindies in those days, my mother had a couple of kids in day care in our home including Elsi.
OUAS 1JULY2012 Elsi and I - 3
Through thick and thin indeed, culprits in many crimes involving mum's cookie jar :))
OUAS 1JULY2012 Elsi and I - 4
Cut a very old Prima vine in two and placed on either side of the photo as a sapling/bush.
 OUAS 1JULY2012 Elsi and I - 5

 OUAS 1JULY2012 Elsi and I - 6
Layers of lace, lace, more lace, doily and muslin misted in soft soft shabby hues of blue, cream and pink.
 OUAS 1JULY2012 Elsi and I - 7

 OUAS 1JULY2012 Elsi and I - 8

 OUAS 1JULY2012 Elsi and I - 9
LOVE that felt/doily/hessian/button yummy embellishment from Charm Koch's Facebook shop. One has to keep an eye out for the date/time that she releases her batches, they sell quicker than you can wink! It is also possible to place pre-orders if you have an invitation from Charm.

Here's the link to her blog: CHARM'S CREATIONS
 OUAS 1JULY2012 Elsi and I - 10

I had a lovely day with Patrici Cugnod and her beautiful family showing them some highlights of my home town. As they are staying for a whole week, they will have plenty of time to check out this and that. Here is first Patricia and her hubby Pascale:
And then their niece Clarice (14) on the far left, followed by Armèle (17) in the middle and Ségolène (19) on the far right. Very spunky and fun-loving girls all of them!

In my next post I will share 3 layouts that I made for the CSI Case File # 28, here's a sneak of the colours;
These are SO not my colours and I had some long and serious moments of procrastination before actually making anything. Not happy at all about the result, but that's life sometimes.

Today is Monday in my parts of the world and it's the second week of our summer hols. I haven't disappeared from the surface of earth, just kept the hours by the computer to the very minimum. Still counting to at least 2 hours of commenting in blogland every day and still hardly any traces anywhere that I've been for a visit. Very frustrating I say.

Enough of the neggieness, here's to sunshine, icecream and a thick yummo book!

Take care, have fun! xoxo Eila

20 comments:

  1. HI.. I loved this when I saw it on the OUAS blog and now looking at the closeups I love it even more.. this is so beautiful.. the photo is so precious.. all the details and layers, truly a work of art and made with love.. well done..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh so much yumminess in one layout. Eila I just L.O.V.E. this. Firstly the photo is so gorgeous. You really were a cute little thing, such a darling with that big bow in your hair & as for your layout, what can I say? I have had a lovely time exploring all the closies, trying to pick out all those gorgeous little details. always love your work but this is outstanding. Thanks for sharing with us. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wow! Wow! What an eye-stopper! This is just absolutely gorgeous. Love what you've done with the sketch and the colors are perfect! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS Eila!!! As always so many beautiful details!! Childhood friends r so special! Hope u r enjoying ur Summertime! Hav e an icecream for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page sweet photo and yummie layers and all the details so many..great work!
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your hols, Eila and don't worry about commenting. When communication becomes a chore, take a break! Love the subdued colors of your page and the picture is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow!!!
    You have used so much to fill this page, it is absolutely amazing! And still is doesn't look overdone, it all fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eila this is amazing!! I am so amazed with all the layering!! fantastic page

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is just gorgeous love all the yummy layers and background :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are truly amazing in what you create. I am not sure if I have said it before but the feeling and sentiment in your work is like no other. This page is just that and the photo, well how lucky to have such a photo. And the journaling brought a tear to my eye. You have worked the papers and layers just beautifully....do I need to go on....lol. Amazing.
    (And P.S. your words and comments on my blog mean a lot, just so you know) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really did beautiful with this. So soft and just pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Eila this page oozes love, fun and beautiful memories .... love the way you have created such a vintage feel to the page, I love you xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning vintage page Elia.. love all the gorgeous layering and beautiful detail!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is TRULY Beautiful Elia! & how lucky to have a photo like this which you have scraped it Perfectly....
    The layers are SENSATIONAL & Love the Vintage feel to this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh what gorgeous, gorgeous layers and such a classic photo, love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning page love the colour love the layers love the elements ...did i say i loved your page Miss E...
    looks like the family had fun
    cheers
    have a great week
    Lindy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. At least I'm not the only one not making headway with the commenting. Have come to the lounge with the laptop and have over 20 tabs open and more in waiting! It is like the washing up - you do it then it is back again - I do so love to keep up with everyone and see what they are up to - just wish there was a quicker way of doing it! Patricia is very nice - she always left me nice comments at the colour sites. Looks like you had a nice time - she is very blessed spending a whole week in your home town. It is on my bucket list - just need to persuade the hubby, who has a real aversion to the cold! I just love your layout - this is a real Eila layout in every sense of the word - as only you can do - and you do it so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another beautiful layout Eila. I do not understand how you keep it up. That photo is truly precious and you are so lucky to have one like that of you and your friend from such an early age. You both look so sweet. Absolutely love the layering on this.Yummy!
    Oh, and so nice to meet Patricia and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's fantastic to see such a useful post. I was searching for a service to merge PDF files and found a great service. By the way, if anyone is facing a problem of merging PDF files, I've found a free service here http://www.altomerge.com/

    ReplyDelete