Saturday 5 October 2013

Scrap Around The World October challenge - close-ups of my page "You Shine"


Hello hello!

Hope this Saturday finds you well. I know for sure that I will be working my way through the shops of Oxford street and Regent street, doing some serious retail therapy. If I happen to stumble across a few chrissie pressies, that will be a bonus :))

Yesterday I shared Scrap Around The World's October challenge reveal that went live on 1 October HERE

First a reminder of the mood board and optional sketch.


I used the sketch but flipped it once to the left like this


And here is my take - "You Shine". 
It was made for a very very special lady.
On 8 October I will start sharing the special card and gift 
that I made for her "big oh" birthday.


The doily pattern of the white vases in the second top right photo 
was the first detail that inspired me.

The shelf with the jugs and the frame of the mirror came next.

All in all it was the mix of delicate scrollwork, together
with the different round and square shapes 
that decided the work for me.

I love the polka dots and splashes of colour too.




I painted the Blue Fern Studios chippie title 
in cream acrylic paint 
before dousing it heavily in 
Stickles Stardust and Fruit Punch.





Yummo splatter with dabber in Lemonade and pink acrylic paint.







PRODUCT LIST

Paper:
 Prima Delight collection, side B of "Destinations"
Prima Anna Marie collection "Calico" both A and B sides
Prima Anna Marie collection "Eloise"
Prima Delight collection journalling note cards
Prima Delight collection "Delightful" side A

Embellies:
Prima "La Mia" Cotton Candy - pink roses
Prima "Soprano" - coral roses
Prima La Tela canvas flower - collection 8
Prima Delight collection - chipboard
Prima metal trinkets - clock faces
Prima resin corner
Prima SIIC mini pearl swirls/leaves white - collection 2

Stash:
Medium sized doilies
Wycinanka chipboard flourishes and chevrons
Blue Fern Studios chipboard title
Adorindack paint dabber "Lemonade"
Pink acrylic paint
Mister Huey's mist "Opaque White"
Stickles "Stardust" and "Fruit Punch"
 
***

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to look at my page, really appreciate it!

I'll be back on 8 October with some more Prima goodness.

Toodelipip! xoxox Eila

16 comments:

  1. I have time to play along this month so I'm so excited! Must stop blogging and start on it!
    I love your take on this board! I love the way you use flowers !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helt fantastisk layout!!!! Har varit dåligt med bloggrundor på sistone... på tok för mycket på jobbet. Nu ska jag kika vidare här i din blog =)
    Ses I stockholm snart =)

    Kramen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so envious of you strolling down Oxford Street...enjoy dear Eila...it was a favourite haunt when I lived in London. Your page is seriously stunning...it's like sitting in a garden at Kew during the flower show...all those glorious blooms and a riot of colour. As always everything is perfectly placed and in harmony "Sigh"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous- jealous too of you stroll in London - never been! Your page is just like a masterpiece - so many layers and details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I love the combi of a precious layout and big yellow paint splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous my friend, just love all the blooms, the little details and the pops of colour - the big day is fast approaching and still a millions things to do..have a great day Lindy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vakkert, vakkert og Vakkert Eila :) Your LOs always bursts with flowers and bling, all in harmony. A fab take on the sketch too, love it!!! Ha det fint i London :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What glorious details! So glad I could get a closer peek!! Happy Oxford Street shopping!!! Just the right time too...any further toward Christmas & it would probably be crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning layout Eila... the colors just pop!!! Totally insane!!! Love it... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eila... this is just a riot of flowers and colour and hidden in between gorgeous little pearls. Just beautiful.
    I have to say I am very jealous of you shopping in London. Enjoy and I hope the weather is nice for you Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning page Eila love all the gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this layout is divine!! I absolutely love every single detail!! wow!! I'm in awe!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh you lucky lady - what I wouldn't give to be back in London for a few days! Absolutely love your layout. It's just bursting with exquisite details x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eila, I saw this page on FB and man oh man...is it beautiful!!!!! Everything is just perfect and so beautifully engineered.....absolutely fabulous in every way! ;-)

    ReplyDelete