Tuesday 8 October 2013

A special Birthday Card for a very special lady

Hi there!

Hope you've all had a great start to this new week in October. I've been flipping through photos taken this summer and remembering all the beautiful days we had. 

Anyhow, thought I'd share the card I made for the very special lady that I mentioned before. The card has an unusual size, it's 12 x 6 because it contained a poem and a gift card holder on the inside. I simply folded a 12 x 12 cardstock in half.

 
 
I'm letting the photos speak for themselves. As you might guess, this card was very heavy and took almost as long to make as a regular layout.








PRODUCT LIST

Papers:
Prima Delight collection "Doilie" side B
Prima Delight collection "Discover" side B
Prima Delight collection "Decorative" side B
Prima Delight collection "Delightful" side A and B

Embellies:
Prima Delight collection selfadhesive chipboard pieces
Prima Delight collection flair buttons
Prima Delight collection Tickets and Tags
Prima Delight collection journalling note cards
Prima canvas alphas
Prima resin cherub
Prima resin corners
Prima La Tela Romantic Lace flower
KaiserCraft resin flower "Orchid" - teal

Stash:
Doily from Meg's Garden
High density modeling paste
Chalk
Lace
Prima mask
Pastel blue pearls
***

Have you seen that Once Upon A .. Sketch is having a DT call for the 2014 term?


***

Thank you warmly for popping by!

I'll be back on Friday, 11th
with the first pages of the mini album 
that I made as a gift for this very same lady.

Till then, have a beautiful week!

Toodelipip! xoxo Eila

11 comments:

  1. Wowzers! So gorgeous, Eila~ Love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joyous photo Eila! And a gorgeous card to display it to good advantage....Your trademark layers and textures are all snuggled together and I LOVE the gauzy flower with the soft teal centre :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely page Eila, as always your work is so delicate and delightfully gorgeous, have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning Eila, so much gorgeous detail here. You can see how much love was put into this creation!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is not just a birthday card, this is a true masterpiece! Such a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Romy this is a true masterpiece and what a wonderful card to give. I am sure she will treasure it forever. I love all the detail, layers and textures on all of your work Elia... you are my scrapping hero :D xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another amazing creation Eila... How can I not love this!... Truly divine!..... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an amazingly beautiful card Eila! I love tall thin card shapes myself the most too!! This is the best card you have ever made in my opinion - it is so unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning card Eila!! its so so beautiful and so is the photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...the layering and details are just amaaaaazing! You are truly a special creator! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another masterpiece my friend, your creativity is sure here to stay...xoxo

    ReplyDelete