Friday 7 November 2014

Yay! it's back! It's a CSI challenge!


Hellooo!

I'm back from my trip to Paris. Amazing! couldn' t have had more fabulous weather sunshine and about +21C IN NOVEMBER! Walked for hours, had coffee and lunch at outdoor cafés. Simply enjoyed life once the conference was over. How about champagne onboard a Bateau Mouche on the river Seine! I say oh là là!

On another happy note. One of my happiest scrappy times was when I was on the DT of CSI (Color Stories Inspiration). All the fun we had with Debbi, sweet sweet Debbi Tehrani at the helm. 

Now Debbi and Mme SCRaP365 Editor, Ali Parris have joined forces and brought the SCRaP365/CSI challenge to the SCRaP365 blog. 

Click here for the full reveal of the SCRaP365/CSI challenge where you will find a full explanation of all the case file elements. Here is first the color palette;



khaki green - taken from the car - 17.187.158
ecru - taken from the clouds - 242.239.230
warm gray - taken from the package behind the guitar - 143.141.129
bright golden yellow - taken from the yellow leaves - 246.221.128
bright pumpkin orange - taken from the orange leaves - 23.1.151.88

I had originally planned to create an autumnal page with orange and yellow as mains, but as so often happens - Mr Mojo took me in a completely different direction. My main colours are instead in soft ecru/gray/khaki with just tiny splats of yellow and orange. All the colours are in there.
 
The evidence used are: mist, hearts, scattered white sequins.

The testimony is based on the inspirational word free.



I never journal on the page itself, it always goes on the back. 

"Ever since you were a teenager you have been interested in 
capturing the world with a camera. You and your girlfriends
spent hours writing manuscripts and then making films.
What was once a hobby, is now your profession. You see
endless possibilities through your lens and create
magic with your camera. You talk with passion about your 
work and the freedom it gives you. So many places you
have travelled to in the line of your duty with a TV 
production. What is more lovely, you share your 
passion with the man who has captured your heart.
Emelie, dad and I are so proud of you! keep on creating magic
and be free."

 





I am truly sorry for having been absent in most places for months,
but the work I started before the summer holidays is keeping
me more than busy. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have a 
job after having been made reduntant, so many out there who haven't 
got one, to learn so many new things and to build something 
from scratch with a new boss. 

Thank you to all of you who have visited me time and time
again and for all the love you have left me!
There are no words to describe how I cherish and
appreciate it!

Before I sign off for this time, I would like to share some amazing
Prima news with you - I will have my 3rd Live With Prima show!

Scandinavian Christmas Home Décor with Eila Sandberg
Tuesday, November 11th at 11:00am PT/ 2:00pm ET/ 7:00pm GMT/8:00pm CET

and this is what I will be creating


Prima Products:
Au revoir!

xoxo Eila

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Eila! So glad you had a fab time in Paris!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you've had an amazing time in Paris! And I'm also so happy to see this lay-out! It's simply breathtaking! I adore all the layering and the wonderful colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to see your Art showcased again at CSI. I love this take on the challenge and how wise you are to let Mr. Mojo have his way and drag you off in another direction. This more free form page is a little different from your usual style, but still compelling viewing. I'm glad you found a new job and you need never apologise for not visiting. I know, you do what you can, when you can, and are the most generous girl around. Ah Paris, so glad you enjoyed your break :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous page Eila and seeing Mr Mojo pull you in a different direction! Love how you used the cool muted colours and made it pop with the orange and green.

    happy for you also that you've found a job. Sometimes we all need that little lucky break and don't feel bad for not visiting. You're already one of the sweetest persons around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I love seeing you back at CSI - you are missed by many. How wonderful that you have a new job and by the sounds of it one that allows you to travel to my fave city in the world. I think I must have been a Parisienne in a past life. I could hear the music and feel the warm sun on my face as I sipped a glass of wine on the pavement watching the world go by... sigh... back to reality. I love your layout and the way you used the colours and your journalling shows how proud you are of your DD. Lovely layout Eila....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is stunning, but I was really taken with the words you wrote. The love you share for your daughter is wonderfully expressed.
    I was not aware of your terrible job loss, but am happy for you that you have found what sounds an exciting new phase in your life. Congratulations.
    I am here having just watched your wonderful tutorial on Prima Live Ustream class. What joy! I spent an extremely enjoyable hour or so being thoroughly entertained and informed - thank you. You are a treasure and I look forward to meeting you again. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, I definitely want to try a canvas like the one you made on the live show. Really enjoyed the show and how you showed each step of the process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to read such an exciting happy post from you Miss Flower Lady!!! LOL What an exciting trip! Maybe you could post some photos...sounds divine...your layout is all kinds of gorgeous, fabulous layering, lots of pretty details and your journaling is just so heart felt...congrats on your live with Prima show! hugs, Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete