Tuesday 9 July 2013

Second take on Scrap Around The World July challenge - "A Most Delightful Lady"

Hello hello!

Hope you are all enjoying summer or autumn wherever you are on our good Mother Earth. A week has already passed of my summer hols and life has taken a leisurely pace, love it!

As I mentioned in my previous blogpost, I made a second page based on the SATW July challenge. This time in other colours and with a more free interpretation of the moodboard and sketch.

Here it is - "A Most Delightful Lady";

 
Papers used on this one, going from bottom and up;

Swedihs Pion Design "Vintage Garden" (brown)
Swedish Pion Design "Vintage Garden" (stripey)
Prima "Pixie Glen" (pink)
Prima "Romantique" (green with tiny roses)
Prima "Divine"
and then the matting in Pion Design again.


 The chipboard title is from one of Blue Fern Studios' word sets.

This is truly a most delightful lady. Her name is Mrs Brigitte Grenfeldt and she is a gold medal award winning portrait photographer who lives in Stockholm. Her work is exquisite!

This photo was taken by another photographer, Ms Kate Gabor.

The fussy-cut rose trellis is from KaiserCraft.


Background of masking and misting, painting in Lindy's Stampgang's Saltwater Taffy (pale pink) and Twinkling H2O Gold. Very subtle again. Tim Holtz filmstrip and more Prima goodies.


Melissa Frances bling and Blue Fern Studios Symphony Corners - Medium. I painted the chippie in white acrylic paint and touched up in gold dito before tracing them in liquid pearls in pink. Looks kind of cool IRL and has a beautiful lustre.



Symphony Corners - Medium 
Symphony Corners - medium (075285)

This is a VERY heavy page.

Thank you so much for taking the time to come for a visit. I am working my way to many many blogs at the moment to make up for my absence during May and June. Thank you so much for not giving up on me!

See you next Saturday if you want to. I'll share my take on the Skissedilla July challenge then. Take care!

Toodelipip! xoxox Eila

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! this is stunning!! I love all the little details!! just love it so much!! that crown is perfect for her as she reminds me of royalty!! LIke you, you always remind me of british royalty!! You would have been a great british monarch!! hugxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!!! Your layouts are alawys filled with the most wonderful details, I could look for ages and still find something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heavy or not, it is a gorgeous lay-out :) I am in love with all the romantic touches: the fussy cutting, the resin pieces, the romantic patterns. Fab work here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a lovely photo to scrap, you have done it brilliantly with the challenge......enjoy your holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eila this absolutely stunning project! love all the layers and all the embellishment clusters here and there! sooo beautiful!!!
    have good time and rest well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This page took me about 15 minutes , I saw new things all the time, gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With shame I must admit that I have neglected visiting your amazing blog for so, so long...
    But I am happy to see that you are well and as talented as ever.
    I saw your wonderful creation in Paper House magazine as well, but I must say that it's been too long since I last scrapped and I miss it so much, but somehow cardmaking has taken over my life recently... :)
    So I wish you all the best and I will try to come back more often!
    Best regards,
    Liva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful colours and details - simply spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A second take--wow, super! I love the abundance of color and flowers that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning page Eila and love your beautiful details and layering, as per usual! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Åh denna Eila är helt fantastisk! Älskar hela alltihopa!!! en sådan layout jag skulle vilja klämma och känna på IRL ;)

    Kramiz

    ReplyDelete