Saturday 29 December 2012

CSI # 52 "Lost & Found" and Happy New Year!

10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 ... almost a brand new year with blank pages to fill. Thank you for this marvellous 2012 when so much happened, wonderful things and sad moments. In other words - Life is what happened!

January brings a couple of scrappy changes for me. I am saying farewell to The Color Room, my first scrappy love that has a very special place in my heart. I am forever grateful to Lydell Quin and Janine Kocswara for inviting me to the TCR family and for so many years of inspiration, friendship, generosity, loyalty and warmth. Without TCR I would not have been able to make the journey I have and for that I will always love you guys! To my beautiful friends on the DT - once a friend, always a friend!

As most of you know by know, I have an amazing new experience starting in January as one in the first DTs ever of Blue Fern Studios in the US. I am superthrilled to be part of the fantastic journey of BF that is starting now. I couldn't be more convinced of that their gorgeous chipboards will snowball out and around the globe at super sonic speed. 

I have stellar world-renowned DT mates on Blue Fern, with Valery Serfozo holding firmly at the helms of DT co-ordination, amazingly talented Michele Singh as designer and Lesley Kammerdiener as the engine of all this marvellous unravelling now - Blue Fern will have a success story seldom parallelled in the industry!

Before I share my page for Color..Stories..Inspiration case file # 52, I will make a recap of my fave 16 pages from this year. Couldn't narrow them down to only 10 as each and one of them means something special for me and my scrappy journey.

There is no doubt about it, these are all "Eila pages". I am very happy to have found my style in 2012 och really look forward to discovering little new details to add to my projects in 2013. Here goes!


Pages made for Color.. Stories.. Inspiration;

19_Letters In The Sand 4000 px main


32_Soar 3000px main

 34B_Nothing 3000px main

 44_Home 2500px main


Pages made for The Color Room;

 #115_Packing Bunny 3000 px main

#126_Teen Room 700px main


Pages made for Prima;

Prima AUG2012 PPP 2500px main



Prima June BAP Eila Sandberg 1000 px

 Prima PPP SEPT2012 main 2500px

 Eila Sandberg Prima SEPT2012 BAP Immeasurable 1000px main version 2



Prim NOV2012 PPP Turtle Doves main 1000px

 Prima BAP NOV2012 main 1000px


Pages made just for me, as gifts or as GDT;
 #122_Dream Come True 3000px main

 #121B Daddy Cool 3000 px main

 15NOV2012 OUAS Where Angels Tread 1000 px main

 Winter 1000px main

And now we've finally come to CSI case file # 52;




As usually Michele Singh has created gorgeous co-ordinating printables, check them out!


THE SCHEME (USE ALL 5 COLORS)

  • Red Ribbons  - deep cranberry red, taken from the package on the left - 164.58.62
  • Winter White - creamy white, taken from the painted polka dots - 255.252.243
  • Coal - black, taken from the tag on package #1 - 40.38.39
  • Brown Paper Packages - taken from the brown paper packages, of course! - 216.195.152
  • Gifted Gray  - taken from the wood in the background   - 193.181.165
EVIDENCE (USE AT LEAST 2 ELEMENTS)

  • wood/woodgrain
  • twine/string
  • metal-rimmmed tags
  • paint
  • kraft paper
  • newsprint paper
  • tags
  • circles
  • burlap/gauze
  • number stickers
  • eyelets
  • washers
TESTIMONY (USE AT LEAST 1 ELEMENT)

  • Document a gift (literal or figurative).
  • Write your journaling on tags and tie it to something on your page with twine.
  • Handwrite your journaling.
  • ...brown paper packages tied up with strings...document a few of your favorite things, likethe song.
  • Choose a prompt from here.
  • Label different things in your picture with numbers and have your journaling explain each number.
  • Make a layout as a gift and write a letter to the recipient for your journaling.
  • Inspiration Words: gift(ed), favorite, remember-- use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title.

We trust we've left enough clues for you to solve the case!

The deadline for completing Case File No. 52

is Sunday, January 6, 11:59 p.m. EST.

Thus, you have a week plus the two weekends to complete your layout.

(See count-down timer on the right-hand sidebar of most pages.)
We can't wait to see what YOU create!

Here is my take, I've called it "Lost & Found". You will understand why when you read my journalling.

 52_Lost & Found 800px main
Papers are from Simple Stories collection Life Documented and one of KaiserCraft's Christmas collections 2012. The polka dotted one is from Graphic45.

 52_Lost & Found - 2
Subtle background masking/modelling paste and stamping.

 52_Lost & Found - 3
The greatest gift of all - you. I thought I had lost love when I divorced from my first husband back in 1998 and was left with a heart shattered in pieces and no hope for finding love again. But love did come back into my life when I met Bengt, the man I married in 2000. 

This gentle man with beautiful trusting blue eyes, incredibly strong yet sensitive hands and a courage like that of a lion, loves with a steady flame that nothing can quench. I know that he would give away the last food he has, the last pennies he owns, the clothes off his back and sacrifice his life without hesitation if anything or anyone would threaten his little family. The only thing he needs in return, is to be loved back. I have never met a more loyal and trusting person than him. Because of him, my life is beautiful and I am rich beyond money. 

Getting mushy here but this is the way I truly feel about my soul mate and greatest love.

 52_Lost & Found - 4
Bengt is a fantastic listener, you can tell him everything and anything and he will not judge. The record player is a symbol for that gift and also for the fun we have when listening to music and he grabs me in the kitchen for an unexpected swirl.

 52_Lost & Found - 5
The evidence I have used are; string/twine and kraft paper (the little parcel). My numbers are not stickers, I've used a metallic one from Tim Holtz on the parcel and stamped ones throughout the background of the page.

 52_Lost & Found - 6
The chipboard flower was first misted in Tattered Angels Black Magic and Graphite before randomly embossed in gold and then touched up with Stickles Gold.

Before I sign off, here's a sneak of the next CSI case file # 53, soft soft and dreamy romantic spring colours;


I am currently trying to sort out my January and will be creating madly behind the scenes, so my apologies in advance for being a wee bit absent here on my blog and online during the next few weeks. During the Holidays I have spent in average 4 hours every day online commenting, I fear it is far far from enough and some of you may think I've forgotten you entirely. Rest assured, I haven't!

I will be back next Saturday here on my blog.

Edith Lovejoy Pierce
We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.

Happy New Year to you all!

25 comments:

  1. For en fantastisk flott side du har laget om og til din mann!! ♥ Dere kler hverandre utrolig godt etter det jeg kan se og skjønne !

    Herlige layouter du har plukket frem fra årets produksjon og ja, du har funnet din stil og jeg elsker den!!
    Et riktig godt og kreativt nytt år ønsker jeg deg og gleder meg til å følge deg i året som kommer. Og ja..har jeg glemt det.. grattis med Blue Fern!! (nei..nå tror jeg at jeg husker at jeg har kommentert det. Men pytt pytt... en god ting kan ikke sies for mange ganger!
    klemmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts! I love your style so much! Happy new year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all true 'Eila pages' indeed! You have such a wonderful style of scrapbooking and these lay-outs all show that off in a gorgeous way!

    Have a happy, healthy and creative new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all just gorgeous!!!
    Happy holidays))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You left out so many of my favorite pages from you in 2012. :) Thanks for putting all your favs in one place for me to enjoy again. I always found you to be one of the keystones at TCR and so you will be greatly missed by me there. Looking forward to creating with you at Blue Fern with those exquisite chippies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ja du Eila... vad säga.... du ÄR en konstnär! Älskar alla dina fina layouter. Dessutom tycker jag om att läsa dina blogposter, du är alltid så positiv. Stort grattis till nya DT-uppdraget! Det ska bli spännande att följa dig under 2013 =)

    Nyårskramarna Maja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talking about some serious eye candy here! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eila, I just adore reading your blog and seeing your super inspirational and gorgeous work!!! It really warms my heart in all ways, and I so look forward to the great things you will do in the New Year!!!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow wow wow wow wow !!!!! this has been a journey of love. browsing through your delish and texturized work ... each one perfectly designed and created with magical loving hands ... what a journey, loving every little tiny piece Eila ....cant wait til I see your work in 2013 woohoo so wonderful xoxoxo thanks for sharing your magic with us x

    ReplyDelete
  10. well all of those are just gorgeous Eila and I'm sure I've commented on every single one this past year telling you how amazing they are!!
    take care
    K

    ReplyDelete
  11. That must have a hard choice to choose only 10 all your pages are gorgeous and 2012 certainly was very inspiring for our Miss E!!!
    2013 will be even better can't wait to see some delish work with lots of layers texture and the tiny details that is known a typical Eila page...
    Happy New Year my friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. NYDELIG!!! Fy flate for noen sider du har laget i år!! Dette er sider som er bare så utrolig flotte!! VAKKERT!!! Digger stilen din!!:)

    Gleder meg skikkelig til å se hva du skal lage i 2013 - og gleder meg også til å være på samme Dt som deg:):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Måtte bare innom bloggen din en gang til jeg!!:):)

    Jeg tror du er den personen i scrapepverdenen som sprer mest glede og gode ord. Du har varmet mitt hjerte mange ganger.
    Tusen takk for alt du har gitt meg i 2012. Klem

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can think of at least another 10 pages to add to your beautiful line-up. The first one is my fave because I scrap-lifted it for CSI and won :)))
    Happy New Year, Eila.
    May all your dreams come to be in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW Eila, looking through your pages, you just can see love in everyone of your pages, you are so talented. love all the pages :)
    Eila wishing you love, happiness and health for the coming new year
    Happy New Year :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Eila these are all so beautiful, really really gorgeous - my favourite is Lost and Found though. It has all your usual style and panache and your journalling is so eloquent - just WOW! Happy New Year :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year Eila & congratulations on your new DT - sounds fabulous! Your style is amazing & incomparable!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eila, wishing you and your lovely family all the happiness in the world for 2013! Good luck with your new venture, I am sure it will be a fantastic success xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many amazing pages! All beautiful creative and unique in their own way. Looking forward to more of your exceptional work in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  20. And a very happy new year to you too Eila. A big congratulations to you on your new appointment, I just know youre gonna rock that team. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for your comments on my OUAS projects. I'm glad to know that Scott & I are not the only couple that enjoys very simple (and non-cheesy, LOL) date nights!

    Best of luck to you with your new creative endeavors in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year!!!!!! Amazing Creations!!! love all them!!! Your journaling for your Lost & Found page, made me cry...sooo beautiful!!! I'm so happy for you my friend, that you found a special man that love you and for all your scrapbooking achievements!! wohooo..Congrats on your new team!! Wishing all the best in this new year, lots of blessings!!!! A big hug!!! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, they are all truly stunning, Eila & are so deserving of a place in your top 16!

    Huge congrats on your new DT spot with Blue Fern, You will be such an amazing asset to their team & I can't wait to see your creations :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Indeed you have a very good blog. Could find some of the best layouts you have picked up from the past year’s production. And what I liked the most is your style, which is creative enough to welcome the New Year.

    www.alacraft.com.au/broderie-anglaise-cat19

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy new year to you too Eila! Your work is amazing - I think I'm becoming a big fan of you, ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete