More snow belting it down, talk about winter landscape! It's beginning to feel like Christmas even in our office, the count-down has begun.
Over at Color..Stories..Inspiration case file # 49 is bright and cheerful;
THE SCHEME (USE ALL 5 COLORS)
- Garland Green - medium green, taken from the #5 tree - 135.154.47
- Pink Presents - deep pink, taken from the #10 mittens - 222.108.118
- Yuletide Yellow - light buttery yellow, taken from the #21 box - 248.230.164
- Advent Aqua - aqua, taken from the #15 box - 93.198.201
- Lime Lights - lime green, taken from the ribbon in #23 - 185.217.108
- baker's Twine
- make a semi-circle notch, like in the little boxes
- Christmas/winter accents
- hound's-tooth pattern
- Document a holiday tradition.
- Document what you do to prepare for the holidays.
- Number your journaling.
- Write 25 words or phrases about your topic.
- Choose a prompt from here.
- Put your journaling inside of something that can be opened
- Inspiration Words: joy, believe, count --use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title
We trust we've left enough clues for you to solve the case!
The deadline for completing Case File No. 49
is Sunday, December 16, 11:59 p.m. EST.
Thus, you have a week plus the two weekends to complete your layout.
(See count-down timer on the right-hand sidebar of most pages.)We can't wait to see what YOU create!
Here is my take on the case file - "Candy". It's the first LO of several to come with a Christmas theme;
The papers are a mix of Ruby Rockit and October Afternoon.
This photo is by the Finnish photographer whom I've mentioned before and who's given me permission to use photos off her blog.
I had originally planned to use a photo of toffee, but it clashed completely with the colours of the palette. So here's one of a candy cane instead even if one of our family's holiday traditions is to make our own toffee and truffles and something I have no idea what it could be called in English. Our family likes mint flavoured candy canes.
My husband has a sweet tooth the like of which I have never seen parallelled by anybody else's. He can easily chomp down thick slices of marzipan bread in no time, chew on lumps of sugar, gobble down a chocolate bar, drink a bottle of Coke and still never ever have a cavity. Life certainly isn't fair!
The evidence I have used are; numbers, stickers, rhinestones, snowflakes, lace, twine, a button, and Christmas accents. I also used green/white checkered paper instead of houndstooth.
There we are! I'll be back on Friday to share my NOVEMBER Prima BAP which I should have shared with you in this blogpost.
I will also have 3 small give-aways to 3 randomly drawn names leaving a comment on my Friday blogpost.
Till then, have a really wonderful week!
Toodelipip! xoxox Eila