Monday 26 December 2011

OUAS 15 December challenge "Sweet Nothing and something just for me

So we've spent the passed few days eating, taking a nap, eating again and drinking some coffee before eating again ... Always love Christmas and am equally happy to see it wave farewell till next year.

Feels good to look forward to an entirely blank page just waiting to be filled with happy new memories and beautiful colours. I just know 2012 will be an awesome year!

Even had time to make a page between taking naps and checking the content of the fridge. It's for the 15 December challenge over at UOAS.

I flipped the sketch and went horizontal instead. I also moved the title more to the right.
So here's first Nadia's sketch and then my page.

Journalling Criteria/theme: Our Christmas traditions.

We would love to hear how everyone spends Christmas Day. Even if you do NOT celebrate Christmas, what do you do on Christmas Day?


OUAS 15DEC11 Sweet Nothing - main

Here's our Miss Alice in her favourite chair by our bay window. Just look at that little tummy of hers! This certainly is a picture of total relaxation. Alice makes the most adorable little sounds when she sleeps, almost like snoring.

OUAS 15DEC11 Sweet Nothing - 2

Christmas Day is the day of Sweet Nothing, we do as little as possible and do it together. Read our new book, see a film on the box, take a bath, drink more coffee and each chocolates.

OUAS 15DEC11 Sweet Nothing - 3

All the papers on this page are from October Afternoon's Holiday Style.

OUAS 15DEC11 Sweet Nothing - 4


OUAS 15DEC11 Sweet Nothing - 8


OUAS 15DEC11 Sweet Nothing - 7

OUAS 15DEC11 Sweet Nothing - 6

OUAS 15DEC11 Sweet Nothing - 5

And then a little something that I made waiting for Christmas, hence its title; "Waiting". It hasn't been shared anywhere before.

TCR Christmas LO Waiting 4000px

Here all the papers are from Maja Design's Vintage Winter collection.

Waiting 4000px-2

We normally have plenty of snow for Christmas and that's what I thought we would have at the time that I made this page. Nope, none was to be had. It was a sunny day and about -3C, but no snow in Stockholm.

I used the Crafter's Workshop branch and bird template that I have used on several layouts before. Smeared molding paste through it and sprinkled plenty of fine glitter on it before it had dried. I also used a hefty amount of Stickles Diamond and Star Dust around the page to get an icy feeling.

Waiting 4000px-3

A Dusty Attic chippie frame that I painted in chocolate brown acrylic paint. For matting I used cardboard that I first touched up with TH distress ink in Aged Mahogany before smearing lots of Stickles Gold on it.

Waiting 4000px-4

I made a little book from white cardstock, it's about 3 cm wide x 4 cm high. The cover I made from brown paper from a paper from Pion Design's Waiting for Santa collection. A Prima trinket and diamond. The key is from Tim Holtz.

The angel wings I bought at a local store, Panduro. The white flower is first a couple of really old plain white Prima Pillar paper flowers that I've touched up with Stickles Star Dust, and then I added a Prima silk bloom on top.

Waiting 4000px-5

Some Prima leaves and Stickles and white pearls as seen from the other side.

Waiting 4000px-6

A couple of small brass bells tied together with an organza ribbon in gold and a cut off piece from a Prima winter branch.

I've been asked how long it takes for me to create a page and how I store my layouts. Well, I just pile them up in IKEA cardboard boxes that have a lid. It's impossible to keep them in binders as they are so bulky. As to my creative process, a page normally takes a minimum of one day to create, more often two.

Hope you're having a wonderful time with your families, enjoy the moments of Sweet Nothing!!

I won't wish you Happy New Year not just yet, I'll be back on Friday!

Till then xoxox Eila

12 comments:

  1. Your Miss Alice she is a sweety and taking the best chair in the house...so Kitty cool!
    second page its beauty love the photo and the yummie DA chippies.
    Have a great week byeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your second page Eila, love the little book you made and all the details are such gorgeously displayed.
    Wonderful page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gorgeous. Your OUAS page is so sweet. That pussy cat is too cute. Love the details like the little parcels and fab dimension. I cannot wait for a relaxing Christmas. Figure I might be about 15 years away....
    And your waiting page is just magical. All of that glitter, the punching and the feathers. Beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous page
    Thanks for playing along at Once Upon A ... Sketch
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, gorgeous layouts,Eila!! The first one is especially up my alley! I love that collection and those colours 'speak' to me....
    Love those dimensional flowers and the cute little pressies. So many of your typical Eila touches.You have such attention to detail!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at OUAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! came here from OUAS and LOVE you page! it's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Alice is just sooo adorable! Gorgeous work as always Eila. Love coming to your blog and seeing your gorgeous creations! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eila you are just the most beautiful person .. we have not met but I can tell you are such an openhearted and loving person .... this work is perfectly perfect ... great papers, design and always so inspiring and made with love xoxo
    love coming here xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Eila, I am your newest follower and admirer! Your site and your work is lovely and I am very glad to meet you!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra
    pendrasplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet page Eila!
    Thank you for playing along at Once Upon A ....Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are just gorgeous. I love the colour palette you've chosen for them both. And so many lovely details to discover. Thanks for joining in at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy have I missed your posts! My fault that is not yours 'cos they are here but I haven't made the time to sit down & get caught up!! Wow so much gorgeousness here!! Before I forget...Thank you for joining in at Once Upon a Sketch again!!

    Absolutely beautiful creation and I just love how you have turned the sketch. The photo is fabulous and you have worked those papers to perfection. Your day sounds like it was absolutely wonderful too! We had days like that & I honestly did not miss my crazy life at all!!

    Your second page is absolutely magnificent! I just wish that one day I could make a snowy layout with a snowy photo that was somewhere I had actually BEEN - following your blog transports me to an entirely different life altogether!! I love the stencil work and the glittery effect. All the details on this one are totally dreamy!! The chippie, the gold paper in front and the little bookie - wooow!!!

    Now I am sad to hear that you don't display these masterpieces in binders - I use the 12inch We R Memory Keepers albums that are thick and luscious and the quality is superb. You should really look into them!!
    I think the longest I've ever spent on a layout is 6 hours but I work at it from start to finish without really a break at all. I hardly ever leave a layout until it's completely done as I am so excited to see the end result.

    Funny thing these days I'm just not feeling the need for a lot of detail for my pages - not out of laziness but just that my style is simplifying and I'm liking it like that!! Makes for quicker times that's for sure tho...

    ReplyDelete