Monday 17 June 2013

Skissedilla sketch 215 - "Nothing Beats Coffee"

Hello again!

Time for a new sketch from Skissedilla! They always have room for different interpretation, so many cool options as you can see from the DT's work HERE

So much that I made two pages based on the same sketch and the same photos. I will share my other page with you in the next few days.

I have had a big box of Gelatos sitting on my desk for several months but haven't used them. Now was a good time as any so out the came. Ooopsadaisy! had no idea they would be so rich and cover so much! but hey, I'm still learning. Be gentle with me when you look at my page :))

First the sketch.

 
Here's my experimental take on sketch 215 that went live on 16 June.

Papers used going from bottom and up:

KaiserCraft "Magnolia Grove" (green)
KaiserCraft "From This Day" (amber)
Basic Gray "Piccadilly" (blue)
Pink Paislee "Hope Chest"
Fancy Pants and Pink Paislee clippings from my desk for the smaller pieces under the photo

I have also used the Blue Fern Studios Shabby Layered Frame. 

The bottom piece was painted and misted in different golden yellow and amber tones to bring out the camp fire.I also used Gelato in "Butter Cream" on it.

The ornate top piece was painted in Glimmer Glaze Palo Verde, then painted in pale blue acrylic paint before I randomly added acrylic paint in gold and gesso on it.

The masked swirl was first painted in Gelato "Blueberry" before I aplied pale blue acrylic paint over it.

Shabby Layered Frame 
Shabby Layered Frame (075186)

Unexpectedly rich colours covered most of the papers, but here you can just about guess the paper is from PP Hope Chest. Some Gelato in "Tangerine" in there too.


 Prima goodies of course. The butterflies are from PP "Hope Chest".


 
Everything was heavily misted in TA Gold. The pooling IRL is absolutely heavenly.

And that's it! I like the effect of the Gelatos but have to experiment some more to get the hang of them.

Be good, be happy, take care of you!

Toodelipip! xoxo Eila

9 comments:

  1. You do the layered and detailed so well - this lay-out looks truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this blows me away! So many layers so many wonderful details.. stunning layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the colors + the layering!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like an expert to me :0) Eila, Eila you always take my breath away! This is fantastic!! Oh to have an inch of your crafty brain....I would never in a million years think of doing this. Thank you, thank you for the lovely comments, I can't wait to get started. I think I may have a challenge ahead of me fitting some of the collections with my CAS style.....but that is what life is all about a'int it?!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Eila!! superb!! its so different than your usual but just exceptional!! love this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning, I love the colors you have got to achieve. And I adore gelatos too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo doing your Eila magic here....love it!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!!!!! I am speechless here, Eila! You sure rocked those gelatos :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page and having a play with gelatos havn't succumb to them yet,love all the details and so many layers...xo

    ReplyDelete