Wednesday 19 December 2012

OUAS December "Scents" and Winners!

Happy Hump Day! never thought I would actually be able to say that as my blog posts normally go live on a Tuesday and Friday/Saturday!

On this beautiful and cold Wednesday I am really so happy to reveal the winners of my small take-aways.

The winner of the 1st prize is LINDA EGGLETON, Australia!!

Instead of sending the flowers and fel heart back over the oceans to Australia where they came from, I have agreed with Di Garling that Linda can contact her to choose an equivalent prize from Di's Just Fabulicious store. Linda - I will contact you shortly to give you more details!

This means we have 5 winners instead of 4 as the original 1st prize now goes to MAJA STOKK, Sweden!

The winner of the 3rd prize is KEREN TAMIR, Canada! 

The 4th prize goes to MARIANNE JOHANSSON/SKORPIONEN, Norway! 

and the 5th prize goes to JASMINE SHAE, Australia! 

Congratulations ladies and thank you so much for your beautiful comments! Could Maja, Keren, Marianne and Jas please contact me with your postal addresses: eila.sandberg@telia.com. Thanks!

On this happy note and without further ado, here is the OUAS December challenge:




Theme:  It's December...




We would like you to create a layout and interpret the theme "'It's December.. " however you like based on the following sketch. 


Ideas for Journalling: We know that not everyone celebrates Christmas in December, but if you do we would love to hear all about it. If not, then tell us anything that you like about December..celebratory on not! 


Your layout must incorporate this theme and the sketch below. 

Please make sure that we see some sort of journalling on your layouts and please tell us where your journalling is . You are allowed to journal in any language but please tell us where on your page we will find your journalling. Remember journalling has to be a bit more than a title, or a generic comment. Hidden journalling is perfectly fine.






** The deadline for this challenge is midnight December 31st Australian Eastern Standard Time . The Design Team will vote and the Top 5 layouts PLUS Top 5 featured layouts will be announced soon after the challenge has finished.

** In order for your layout to be considered as a winner, we need to see evidence of the sketch TOGETHER with the journalling theme and some journalling which includes more than just the title, date of event etc. Hidden journalling is perfectly fine, but please do tell us where on your layout it is. You are also welcomed to journal in your own language. 

**This is an international blog, so anyone can enter



**You are free to combine Once Upon A..Sketch challenges with other challenges. We don't mind at all!!!



**You are allowed to enter only layouts  for our challenges



**Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery and link it on the right hand side of this blog using the Link tool. Please provide a direct link to your post, not your entire blog.If the link tool is down, please leave a comment on the comments section and link your layout there.



**You may enter as many times as you like






**Also, please consider turning off word verification for comments on your blog.

Our main sponsor for December is the gorgeous Swedish manufacturer Maja Design 

Here is the link to Maja Design's website -  Maja Design

Our other sponsor for December is once again the beautiful online store called The Trinket Track. 

For ideas on how to use our embellishments visit the blog  http://www.thetrinkettrack.blogspot.com.au/ 

and our store address is  http://www.thetrinkettrack.com/ 

Now here are our permanent sponsors for 2012. For more information please see the sidebar over at OUAS.








And this is my take on the sketch - "Scents";

OUAS 15DEC2012 Scents 1000px main
All papers are from KaiserCraft's 2011 and 2012 Christmas collections.

 OUAS 15DEC2012 Scents - 2
Love the golden Christmas angels with their trumpets from the 2011 collection that I have fussy cut. Dimensional sticker is from MME's 2011 Christmas collection. Prima and Petaloo blooms, Tim Holtz numbers.

 OUAS 15DEC2012 Scents - 3
Also this dimensional sticker is from MME's 2011 Christmas collection. There's the stamping in black, I have used it in gold at the bottom between the houndstooth strips and under the fussy-cut bow n' ribbon.

 OUAS 15DEC2012 Scents - 4

 OUAS 15DEC2012 Scents- 5
The title of my page is inspired by all the scents of Christmas beginning with the Swedish glögg aka spiced alcoholic mulled wine that is served as from the first advent Sunday up to Christmas. The hyacinths that I love to fill up our home with and that give that very special sweet scent of Christmas to me. The scents of baking, ginger, cardamon and cinnamon, clover and sweet saffron. And then topping everything off, the scent of pine from the Christmas tree and all the lit candles. For me, it's all about the scents.

The photo is by the Finnish photographer that I have mentioned many times before.

 OUAS 15DEC2012 Scents - 6
More from the MME 2011 Christmas collection.

 OUAS 15DEC2012 Scents - 7
The red/gold hounds tooth patterned stripes are washi tape. I have stamped in gold between both strips and drawn lines with a gold pen under and above each strip. The effect is quite lovely IRL.

 OUAS 15DEC2012 Scents - 8

 OUAS 15DEC2012 Scents - 9

 OUAS 15DEC2012 Scents - 10

With this barrage of photos I've finally come to the end of this post. Thank you so much for bearing with my ramblings!

I have one more blog post to share before I take a short break over Christmas. I will be back on Saturday to share my page for Color..Stories..Inspiration case file nbr 51. Just look at these yummilicious colours!

I did get some extra me time and made a few Christmas cards that have now been sent to some very dear friends around the globe. I won't say Merry Christmas - not just yet.

Till Saturday toodelipip! xoxox Eila

9 comments:

  1. Woot woot. That's exciting. Thank you so much Eila.
    And your page, just stunning. There is so much love and happiness in there. Gorgeous work again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He He!! Still up past midnight and you have already awoken!! First I must compliment this gorgeous layout you made!! gorgeous ornaments and angels looooooooooooooove!!

    secondly thank you, thank you, thank you!! you are Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett!!

    yummy yummy goodies! how did you know I love flowers LOL

    will email you now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juhuuuuuu.... tusen takk Eila!! And congrats to all you other lucky ladies as well!
    Gorgeous layout Eila, with "tons" of yummy details!!
    xoxo Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my friend, I have been trying to catch up on my blogging and have just read through yours. What a stunning amount of artistic work you have done...I love it all!!
    I have decided to have our Chrissy celebration at our home this year as all our family will be here...yes even the ones from Dubai!! I'm so excited about it all!! I've been busy organizing things and still have a bit to do but have delegated some of the food.
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and I wish I was there in the snow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly...your layout is stunning, as always, Eila. I love the traditional christmas colours & as always, your gorgoeus layers & textures. Always so much to look at & admire.

    And secondly....Wooohooo...thank you so much Eila!! They are gorgeous flowers. I will get in contact with Di & choose from her store. Thanks again sweetie...this has really made my day :))))) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the winners! Eila I LOVE this layout.. I can almost smell the "scents" you are describing. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! Tusen tack =) Vilken fantastisk julklapp *doing the happy dance*
    Magiskt vacker layout också =)

    Kramiz Maja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winners! Love your layout, Eila!!! Stunning work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations lucky ladies!! And what an exquisite page Eila!!!

    ReplyDelete